Thread: Is the DDP "dumbing down" the food?

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember reading recently on here that Cellier was getting rid of the Filet at lunch. So, I'm wondering if the restaurants are removing the higher food cost items so that the guests with DDP don't order them.

I'm assuming that with the DDP, you can order pretty much anything off of the menu. Are there restaurants that have "non-DDP" dishes available?

What are the restaurants that *don't* allow DDP to be used?

Post Thanks / Like
    WDW has very few restaurants that don't allow the DDP and off the top of my head I can't think of any. Have they dumbed down the food? Yes probably but IMHO that is their own fault and for those who pay for their food UNFAIR. Personally I think the best solution would have been a "tiered" approach. If you are free DDP then you can only order from say section A. If you are paying for the DDP then sections A & B and if you are on the Deluxe Plan or OOP then you can order any item on the menu.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    whats ddp if you dont mind me asking and should I be worried about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mkjon, post: 243633
    whats ddp if you dont mind me asking and should I be worried about it?
    Disney Dining Plan

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard from several of our friends who are cast members and work in some of the WDW restaurants that this is definitely the case.
    The more expensive items [eg lobster] have been taken off some of the menus for this very reason thanks to those pesky dining plans.