Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of the Green Witch

Post Thanks / Like
    So anywho..... Friday, we left Delaware an hour and a half later than origionally planned. Chris, being the navigator, spent the first 3 hours of the trip trying to decipher the best way to get to the great land of Connecticut. John Cleese did not want us to take the Tappan Zee bridge, at any cost. So after fighting Mr. Cleese (he's the voice on my GPS) we finally just read the highway signs and made it to the Tappan Zee! Only to sit (through Billy Joel's Greatest Hits Volume 1) for an hour! Seemed that someone saw fit to have an accident on a Friday afternoon...(please note, that the ambulance arrived at the scene and then left again empty-stretchered) Within that time, I had recieved calls and texts from Becca that they too were in traffic.

Upon arriving in the great state of Connectiut, via I-95, we noticed the retaining walls along the highway. Jackson, in his sweet, funny, my parent's never take me anywhere but Disney World, said "OOhh look! It's the great wall of Con-et-i-cut!" I nearly had to pull off the road... We have since learned that the great wall is where the Green Witch lives...

We finally arrived in Milford, 2 hours later than Mr. Cleese had promised. We found a lovely little town, much like you'd find depicted on the cover of The Saturday Evening Post. Firemen were even sitting out in front of the firestation...very picturesque. We knew we were alost there when we passed the Olympic Diner, home of the Olympic doughnuts. We pondered if they really served Olympic sized doughnuts...

So, as Johnie said, we arrived and many hugs were shared, drinks poured, laughs had, snacks eaten, eardrums burst (when we handed the girls the tickets... though Holly, in her blondness, asked "When is the concert?" :rolleyes008:

We spent the rest of the evening just hanging out..eating, drinking, hanging out, trying to find the best way to hum "Respect"....
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    I can hum a mean version of "Downtown"......though I didn't think I was ever going to figure out "Respect"!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We do indeed love our quaint little town...it's definitely become home...It was so pleasant on the deck Friday night that I think we could have stayed out there FOR EVER.

Hmm hmm Hmmm Hmmm Hmm Hm Hm....Downtown

Post Thanks / Like
    The man who discovered the "Great Wall of Connect I Cut" making sure Mickey is securely fastened in his seatbelt...

Post Thanks / Like
    We can say we knew him when......

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well.....

Post Thanks / Like
    That is never Jackson!!!!???

*faints*

Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed it is. He is a little man. On Sunday, I said to him, "my aren't you handsome this morning"

and he replies, "Yes. Yes I am".

Post Thanks / Like
    And when they arrived on Friday, Bryce was in his carrier sitting just inside the door, and Jackson motions to him in ONLY a manner Vanna White could have mastered and said, "Meet my baby brother Bryce..."

OMG. I adore him.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know! That was far too cute.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast