Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iphone 4 or wait for 5?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm almost due an upgrade on o2 silver and I could probably stretch to an iphone 4 but I heard that the 5 is coming soon so perhaps its better to wait? Any ideas what will be in the new one??

Post Thanks / Like
    There are rumours it'll be out sooner than usual. The product cycle is usually a 1-year cycle ending in June/July however because of the whole 'antannaegate' thing that happened. (Which I'm still yet to experience to be honest) apparently they are releasing an 'iPhone 5' soon. I'd be shocked if it actually happened given that Steve Jobs is on sick leave however it may have been nearing the stages of completion before he even went off sick. It's a tough one to call but you can almost guarantee it'll be here by June/July.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I just don't know :/ for me, the 3gs was pretty spot on and the 4 was a minimal upgrade to be honest. I like it, it's everything I need, and I'm struggling to imagine spending more money on a 5 (but Apple always manage to make it seem worth it when it arrives )

However, it's always good to get the latest model if you're due to buy one anyway so I think the advice would have to be to wait right now because it's SO close to when the 5 is expected.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 243920
    I just don't know :/ for me, the 3gs was pretty spot on and the 4 was a minimal upgrade to be honest. I like it, it's everything I need, and I'm struggling to imagine spending more money on a 5 (but Apple always manage to make it seem worth it when it arrives )

However, it's always good to get the latest model if you're due to buy one anyway so I think the advice would have to be to wait right now because it's SO close to when the 5 is expected.
    Really?! I always thought the 3gs was a very minimal upgrade and the 4 was spot on.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 243926
    Really?! I always thought the 3gs was a very minimal upgrade and the 4 was spot on.
    goes to show you how different people are doesn't it I've asked around the office and everyone agrees with you. They all love their 4

For me, the 2g was brilliant I Couldnt believe how great a phone could be then the 3g came out and it was starting to annoy me with speed and battery life. Enter the 3gs! everything the 3g had but much faster and yayayay.

Then the 4 came out and the shape is nicer, screen wasnt as much as an upgrade as I thought it would be and tbh I didnt really think I got THAT much out of it.

Anyway, everyone else in the office loves theirs so I'm on my own I guess

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 243929
    goes to show you how different people are doesn't it I've asked around the office and everyone agrees with you. They all love their 4

For me, the 2g was brilliant I Couldnt believe how great a phone could be then the 3g came out and it was starting to annoy me with speed and battery life. Enter the 3gs! everything the 3g had but much faster and yayayay.

Then the 4 came out and the shape is nicer, screen wasnt as much as an upgrade as I thought it would be and tbh I didnt really think I got THAT much out of it.

Anyway, everyone else in the office loves theirs so I'm on my own I guess
    The difference is probably that I've never experienced the 3g I never got used to it before people around my got the 3gs and I still didn't think it was worthy as an upgrade The iPhone 4 came out and it just seemed to fill all the gaps that the old iPhones had! The shape (I hated the shape of the 3g), the screen, the cameras etc etc
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I agree with Josh on this the 4 felt like a huge upgrade but then I was upgrading from a 3G. The video is brilliant and I use it often and the boys just love face time

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 243933
    The video is brilliant and I use it often
    Chris,

Not to change the subject but for video on the iPhone 4, have you seen the 8mm Vintage Camera app?

I just bought it the other day and it's simply brilliant! Makes your movies look like old time 8mm movies that were all the rage back in the 40's and 50's. Course, I remember those better since I'm just a wee bit older than you so it might not be as much to your liking. But it's still a lot of fun!

Tom (... dating himself!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool and I can get the boy to do some dramatic evil music on the piano whilst I tie Lisa to the train tracks

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast