Thread: Anyone looking for a house guest this summer?

Post Thanks / Like
    And it's not me.

My baby sister just started her Masters degree in Museum Studies. She has a 2 week internship in London this summer (July 11-22). She is so excited to go. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone who lives near London would like a very shy and polite sister of mine as a house guest in order to help her cut expenses?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for cheap and safe accomodations?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to suggest the Winchester House just a short walk from Victoria Station and quite near Buckingham Palace, however it is booked for those dates. You might try London Net - The Guide to London News and Entertainment One I would DEFINITELY stay away from however, is Barry House.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info John.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, museum studies...I didn't know there was such a degree, but it sounds interesting!

What an exciting opportunity for her!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, she's going through Johns Hopkins.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had to look up this career/education choice and well, how cool!

Post Thanks / Like

She has her undergrad degree in American History. She's worked at the Library of Virginia since graduation. She says the only way to move up and on is to get her Masters. I totally beleive that. A bachelors degree is almost the equivalent of a high school diploma in some fields.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's definitely true. But what an exciting masters degree to get. What would she like to move on to?

Post Thanks / Like
    She did her undergrad internship at the Smithsonian and loved it.

She also mentioned once she would love to work in the Disney archives. How cool would that be????

Post Thanks / Like
    I can ask my in laws if they are happy to put her up (they live near London - about hour on the train or so)

Cant promise anything....