Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: anyone recommend any good books?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like twilight but have finished the series now

    anyone recommend any good books?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris. They are great.

  3. #3
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,858
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 244360
    How about the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris. They are great.
    ooo yeah they are

    I need to try and download a few on my kindle to see if I can live with it instead of "real" books
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  4. #4
    Senior Member Esmeralda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,366
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love memoirs. Call the ambulance I have just finished, it was funny and sad in places but the humor was so good. Call the midwife I finished last week, all excellent about midwives in a convent in London in the 50's. Brilliant.




  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 244362
    ooo yeah they are

    I need to try and download a few on my kindle to see if I can live with it instead of "real" books
    You got a kindle?! That's excellent! Welcome to the club.

  6. #6
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,858
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 244411
    You got a kindle?! That's excellent! Welcome to the club.
    I do have one but at the moment I'm still preferring the ipad. Dunno, I need to really sit down and have a play with the kindle. At the moment it doesnt even say what page Im on, it says something like position 232 of 23122 or something. I think I have some playing to do to understand it better
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 244410
    I love memoirs. Call the ambulance I have just finished, it was funny and sad in places but the humor was so good. Call the midwife I finished last week, all excellent about midwives in a convent in London in the 50's. Brilliant.
    oooo they sound great thanks Esmerelda

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    My mum has read 'call the midwife' and she loved it . I've just started the Sookie Stackhouse novels after finishing Alan Sugar's autobiography.

    Alan Sugar's autobiography isn't one of the best biographies I've read but perhaps for someone more business-minded it might be. It was great in parts then dreadfully sluggish in others. It was as though a good 30/40% of it was just there to prove people wrong or comment that certain people are not what they seem
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  9. #9
    Moderator Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the red...
    Posts
    14,370
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've just read Goodnight Mister Tom. OK it's aimed at 10-14 year olds but it is one of the most moving stories I've ever read.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 244547
    I do have one but at the moment I'm still preferring the ipad. Dunno, I need to really sit down and have a play with the kindle. At the moment it doesnt even say what page Im on, it says something like position 232 of 23122 or something. I think I have some playing to do to understand it better
    I think it does the position thing because we can change the size of the text which would ultimately change the amount of pages one has to read. I now think of those as pages. It's something you just have to get use to. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •