Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We're going to Cyprus

Post Thanks / Like
    A week in August in a villa that appears to be in the middle of nowhere. Yes we have a car.

Any hints or clues or any information at all would be appreciated. Adrian thought they spoke Spanish. This is how uninformed we are.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been a long time since I've been but I mostly remember awesome beaches, beautiful blue clear water and fantastic nightlife (but I WAS young )

I thought it was a little expensive but that was probably because their pound at the time was worth more than ours... now they're on euros it's all changed.

I remember all the taxis were mercedes for some weird reason.

Brilliant mountains and scenery for photography. I remember going up this mountain road just outside larnaca and there were tiny houses on the hill and each one seemed to have a different type of home made food being sold.

evening saw loads of road side cafes open with tables on the pavements and the food (wine! hic) was really great.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually don't they speak primarily Greek and Turkish, although, if it is at all like Greece or Turkey you should have no problems with English?

Sounds like a great trip. Every time I hear about some of the trips that you folks from the UK take other than WDW I wish I was still living in Europe and could do all that too. I had a chance, living there for 13 years in Germany, to see a lot, but Donna hasn't seen much of Europe at all.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Greek mainly but English is everywhere and I had no problem at all getting around and communicating
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That's good to hear. We'll try and figure out a few basic words - hello, goodbye, please, thank you, that kind of stuff.

Have upgraded our rental car. Had a basic one as part of the package but thought a 1 litre engine might struggle in the mountains.

Now we have a massive 1.4 litre engine. :D

We really want to keep clear of the touristy stuff. Do things like drive up the mountains and walk and take photos of birds, and then come back to the villa and eat local food by the pool. We get our tourist kicks in Florida. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Kokinelli (don't google it ) and squeaky cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    I googled it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now im going to have to go and google it!!
    Ive never been to Cyprus but its on my wish list My friend went to Protaras (sp?) and thought it was lovely!

Post Thanks / Like
    We went about 10 years ago and stayed in a villa in Coral Bay -t was lovely.

No problems with communications, I'm sure you wil love it but prepare yourself for HEAT

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I should also mention that none of us like olives.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast