Thread: suggest a new pc laptop for me please?

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to buy a new pc laptop because my existing one has exploded

please dont suggest a mac I dont want one sorry

I was thinking of maybe a nice hp one but Im open to suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did have a Toshiba, which I loved. Last year I needed to upgrade and bought a Dell. I have had Dell desktops for years and love them. Now, about that laptop....hmm, the area that is the "mouse" is very touchy, so when I'm typing I accidentally hit something and my cursor ends up somewhere else than where I want it. I'm not pleased about that and it happens often.

Just my experiences. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I both have Toshiba with wireless mouse. We cover the mouse pad on the keyboard so that we don't accidentally hit it.

Right at the moment we have Dell here at work and have had for many years. It has both wireless keyboard and wireless mouse.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    My work laptop is an HP Elitebook 6930p. They just upgraded me to it recently. But I'm not a fan of it so far.

The keyboard is difficult to use. It just doesn't feel right to me. I've never had this kind of problem with other computers that I've owned or used. I just can't seem to get my fingers in the correct position for typing. The dimples on the J and F keys are so small that for the most part, you have to really work to feel them. The space bar isn't responsive enough half the time. You may think you've hit it, but then look at the screen and discover that there's no spaces in your words. Very annoying if you're a touch typist. But worst of all, for me, is the proximity of the power button to the escape key. I do a LOT of command line work and often need the escape key. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to hit the escape key and accidentally gotten the power key. Of course, every time I do that, the computer dutifully shuts down right in the middle of everything I had going on.

I'd go mash on a few keyboards at the store before I'd commit to buying any specific brand. Your mileage may vary.

Tom (... or I'd just get another Mac and avoid the whole issue! )

PS - Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Post Thanks / Like
    My DW has a Toshiba with a wireless mouse and she loves it, and so do I!

Post Thanks / Like
    ooo what model dell and toshibas?

Post Thanks / Like
    My DW`s Toshiba is a L450/D

Post Thanks / Like
    For non-mac laptops I've always found Toshiba to be the most robust
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive always liked toshiba too though the dell I have at the moment is very nice

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a dell xps 15 with an i5 chip and I absolutely love it and the build quality is very good.

The reason I chose this one was because it had a separate graphics card, which is good for watching films and it is capable of handling games (not that I play any) a 500gb hard drive, 400gb ram which were the main things I was looking for, oh and the speakers are fantastic. When I listen to my husband's laptop which is also a dell but a business one the sound is awful, mine has JBL speakers and it just doesn't sound like a laptop at all.

A friend bought one at the same time for her son for Christmas and he is over the moon with it, he plays games on it as well and he said that whilst it's not as good as his xbox, it's better than any of his friends have got

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.