Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How old to travel in disney on her own?

Post Thanks / Like
    A question for moms out there. How old was your son or daughter before you let them use disney coaches to travel around disney world?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is such a tough question to answer! One child could be a mature 14 year old where as another could be 16 and totally unprepared to travel around WDW on their own. My answer would be to go by the individual and then decide!

No help was I!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are they mature enough to understand "we need you back here by this time" and do they understand how to get help at Disney and are they mature enough to know about stranger danger? If yes to all 3 then I would let them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 20107
    Are they mature enough to understand "we need you back here by this time" and do they understand how to get help at Disney and are they mature enough to know about stranger danger? If yes to all 3 then I would let them.
    That's my DH out then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would they have a cellphone to contact you if they got delayed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Alysia was 12 when I allowed her and her friend to wander the same park. She was 13 when I allowed her and Andrew to go to another park. Both had cell phones.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    ours have never wanted to stroll of on their own they wanted to stay with mum and dad
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 20179
    Alysia was 12 when I allowed her and her friend to wander the same park. She was 13 when I allowed her and Andrew to go to another park. Both had cell phones.

It was actually the first place Andrew was allowed to "enjoy" a bit of independence, and he's always been responsible. JUST MAKE SURE THOSE CELL PHONES ARE CHARGED!

I think Claire said it best though, ultimately, you're the best judge of what your child is ready for

Post Thanks / Like
    Back before the age of cell phones I was allowed to visit my DBF and his family in WDW. i was staying with family in Tampa and drove to WDW for the day. I was 17 and he was 15 (yes, younger man!). We went off by ourselves and met up with his family later.

As a side note: This was the trip that I got into a car accident while leaving the parking lot. DBF had already walked away and as I pulled out I hit the car parked next to me. I started crying hysterically and really lost it. No cell phones yet so it took awhile for me to flag him down and Disney police were called. It wasn't a good night for me. Don't let your 17yr olds drive BIG Cadillacs to WDW!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 20179
    Same here...but there were no cell phones when David was 13, but he was a big kid and had common sense..well, to a point :rolleyes008:

the girls were 13 and 15 and we made sure they went together. No cell phones, BUT we had walkie talkies...don't work on buses folks.
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast