Thread: Flight.prices

Post Thanks / Like
    We were hoping to go to florida next year but due to our eldest son doing gcse we need to go in the summer holidays, I have been looking at flight prices for this year and they are very high, I was wondering if there is likely to be sales for that time of year?

Post Thanks / Like
    Flight prices are crazy this year, we go off season and we found it very expensive.

It's unusual for there to be sales during the Summer holidays Lozzy :( is he taking them this year or is he in his final years? I have seen flights at the end of August that haven't been too bad, but it would mean coming back in September Our friends have been in the same position, so I think they are going at the beginning of December as it's still cheap and the children don't do much on the run up to Christmas.

Sometimes flying into Sanford is cheaper, I can have a look around for you if you like :)

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    We go every August and the prices are always high.

2009 we paid 729 for August, Last year we paid 659 but we flew on 24th July right through to 5th September, and this year we have paid 599 but we are staying into the second week of September so that's why its a bit lower.

For sure it will be alot

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 244892
    Flight prices are crazy this year, we go off season and we found it very expensive.

It's unusual for there to be sales during the Summer holidays Lozzy :( is he taking them this year or is he in his final years? I have seen flights at the end of August that haven't been too bad, but it would mean coming back in September Our friends have been in the same position, so I think they are going at the beginning of December as it's still cheap and the children don't do much on the run up to Christmas.

Sometimes flying into Sanford is cheaper, I can have a look around for you if you like :)
    He starts year 10 in September but we don't really want him to miss school really as he is in the gifted and talented classes so he has a very big work load and to miss school for 2 weeks would part him behind.
    I have looked for flights going on this august and it is coming up over 3000 for 3 adult and 1 child.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just come accross this thread. Had email today and THomas Cook stating they are putting up flights due to fuel.

Virgin flight prices will be high. I would say book asap for next year we do have guaranteed fares as virgin issue prices several times a year and they always good up. At the moment virgin flights are cheaper from london than from Manchester by over 100
    Karen
    Premier Travel
    01634 352143
    info@premiertravelservices.co.uk
    ABTA L5039

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you go right after the GCSEs finish? Dan didn't go back after them, his last one was the 22nd June last year. Maybe try flying into somewhere else and drive a little? Ie Miami?

Post Thanks / Like
    Or Jacksonville it is closer than Miami but they are indirect flights.
    Karen
    Premier Travel
    01634 352143
    info@premiertravelservices.co.uk
    ABTA L5039