Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Best steak place outside disney?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    We wont be at disney the whole time next trip, so could do with knowing what the best steak places are. I've heard about mannys chop house wherever that is? what about black angus? any good?

  2. #2
    Senior Member uscwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are some excellent steak houses outside of Disney. I've never done the Black Angus there but I did do one some where one time and was less than impressed. Steak Houses run the gamut from affordable to "take out a mortgage". At the bottom of the list, in my book would be Ponderosa and Golden Corral. Don't know if they exist in Orlando but Ryans, Old Country Buffet and Great American would all rate at the bottom. In the good range I would place Outback, Longhorn, Lonestar and Texas Roadhouse. I don't know what the prices at Manny's are like but I do understand that it is very good and not overly cheap. Next up would be Ruth's Chris and at the "Take out a mortgage" both Shula's and Morton's. There are probably some others in the Orlando area that other folks can mention.





    My Facebook Profile: Facebook

    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix



  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Romford, Essex
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    We go to Manny's every trip and it's great. Endless salad bowl and hot yeast rolls - delicious and it's not expensive.

    There's an Early Bird menu and on Wednesdays it's 2 for 1 on fajitas

    Children eat free on Monday's and Tuesday's

    Last year we went to Longhorn and that was really nice too.

    We're not massive steak eaters though, so not experts

    Sandra
    Sandra




  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire U.K.
    Posts
    5,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our favourite steakhouses outside WDW are Charley`s and the Old Hickory Steakhouse at the Gaylord Palm Resort, both of which are fabulous.





  5. #5
    Senior Member robertcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 245015
    We go to Manny's every trip and it's great. Endless salad bowl and hot yeast rolls - delicious and it's not expensive.

    There's an Early Bird menu and on Wednesdays it's 2 for 1 on fajitas

    Children eat free on Monday's and Tuesday's

    Last year we went to Longhorn and that was really nice too.

    We're not massive steak eaters though, so not experts

    Sandra
    where about is mannys





    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Romford, Essex
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's on the us27 just past Southern Dunes, here's the website:-

    Mannys Original Chophouse, You Found the Best Place!

    Sandra
    Sandra




  7. #7
    Senior Member robertcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 245048
    It's on the us27 just past Southern Dunes, here's the website:-

    Mannys Original Chophouse, You Found the Best Place!

    Sandra
    thanks for the info I intend to go to the bok tower will call on my way back is it ok to wear shorts and t shirt





    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Romford, Essex
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 245052
    thanks for the info I intend to go to the bok tower will call on my way back is it ok to wear shorts and t shirt

    Oh yes Robert - you'd stick out like a sore thumb if you were all dressed up

    Sandra
    Sandra




  9. #9
    Senior Member robertcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 245063
    Oh yes Robert - you'd stick out like a sore thumb if you were all dressed up

    Sandra
    Just printed off the menue looks very good





    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •