Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's good to be home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone I'm back!

Well, we had an good and bad time

This may be a bit blunt, but I know I can be honest with you all. Three days before leaving we learned that Garry's best friend had died. He was, of course, dreadfully upset. We considered not going away, but learned that his friend had left instructions that only his sister and her husband go to his funeral (long story), so we decided to go away regardless and take a couple of hours out at the time of his funeral where we had our own send-off for him.

Then, the first morning we were there (well, middle of the night in Florida time), we had a phone call about a totally unexpected huge problem with our business. This was something that couldn't be totally sorted by our managers at home, and meant we spent a lot of time worrying about it, as well as being on the phone a lot for the whole of the holiday. That first moring we must have been the two most miserable looking people going into MK It did take the edge off the holiday, but we made the decision not to fly home and to do what we could from where we were.

So, that was the bad bit (didn't meant to be doom and gloom, but didn't want to fib to you guys!). We did manage to have some good times too of course! With our Deluxe DP we had every character breakfast except Akershus, and ate at every Signature restaurant except Yachtsman's Steakhouse (which we did last year)! We went on the new Wild Africa Trek tour at AK, which was fascinating, and loved the new light show on the castle before Wishes! However, we did have some awful weather, including torrential rain and cold for the last few days we went, and have decided we won't go at that time of year again after the cold of last January- we think we may make our next trip the Food and Wine Festival in 2012

We had no internet access, and I did miss it at times. I didn't want to rack up the charges with my iPhone, but by not being online at all I missed a couple of opportunites to meet up with others who were there from here. Next time I will have to make sure I am connected.

I'll tell you more about it when I get myself back to normal here!

So, there you have it. A mixed bag....life does sometimes get in the way of holidays and they aren't always perfect, but you have to make the best of things. And if you have to be anywhere worrying, WDW is a pretty good place to be!

It's good to be be home

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home Deb. Hope you got the business problems sorted out. Sounds like you had a fairly good trip despite the problems.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Life definitely does happen when we're on vacation. Bummer. I'm glad to hear that you still made the best and had a good time. Sounds like you ate really well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home Deb! sorry about the problems but sounds like you had a great time anyway! I really want to hear about all those restaurants :D
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 245009
    Welcome home Deb! sorry about the problems but sounds like you had a great time anyway! I really want to hear about all those restaurants :D
    I guessed you would :D We did keep notes so could report back! We got to about 5 days in before we stopped feeling guilty for not finishing off everything off our plate!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about Garry's friends and also your business troubles and glad you decided to stay on in Florida.

Real life does have it's ups and downs but I hope you did enjoy Florida when you managed to switch off from your worries.

Not having internet is hard especially when you are used to it, it's weird how much it takes over your life

The last couple of years it's been really cold in January, our grass has gone so brown.

Anyway, welcome back Deb, soon you'll be planning your next tripand hopefully things will run smoothly for you

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to hear about the Wild Africa Trek, when you have time.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    glad to have you back Deb ((hugs))

When we went in 2009, I had just found out I was pregnant and a month before one of my uncles died... we also considered cancelling, butIm sooooo glad we didnt!
    Disney is Disney :)

Glad that all in all, you had a nice time

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome back!

So sorry to hear about Garry's friend I was on a trip a few years ago and my great aunt and uncle died within 2 days of each other.

F&WF time is awesome! We shall have to coordinate the times so we can actually meet!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you're home Deb! Such a shame the holiday started off like it did, but at least it was at the beginning of the holidays so got it out the way - sounds like you did have a good time for the rest of it though!
    Sorry to hear about Garry's friend :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast