Thread: share large meals at Disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it allowable at Disney restaurants to share a plate ? must we pay more or anything and how should we approach asking for this? thanx

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure about a sharing charge but many of our members share meals.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not ever seen a sharing charge at any Disney restaurant. Of course, you cannot share at a buffet, but anywhere else sharing is quite acceptable.

Simply order "for the table" and ask for two empty plates (we do this often at Chefs du France) or order whatever it is you intend to share and tell the server you are going to share. Most often they will have the food nicely divided between two plates.

If you intend to share a margarita at the Cave in Mexico be SURE to get it to go and be SURE to tell the bartender you are sharing. :D :D :D They ALWAYS give you extra so you both end up with a full drink! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 245313
    Simply order "for the table" and ask for two empty plates (we do this often at Chefs du France) or order whatever it is you intend to share and tell the server you are going to share. Most often they will have the food nicely divided between two plates.
    Order for the table makes pefect sense and sounds nicer than we'll be sharing

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I agree! :D We usually order everything we'd like (for example, charcuterie plate, salade nicoise, an entree ... at Chefs du France) and then ask for the small plates to serve ourselves from. We'll get a carafe of wine too... makes for a nice meal, and you don't feel as though you have to devour a huge amount of food... Plus, we like choices, and this allows us to try a bit more than if we limited ourselves to a single entree.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I think "for the table" is much less awkward to say that "we're sharing" I'll definately remember that one - for whenever it is we get to go again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great thread
    Never had the courage to ask in the past but after reading this, then we will definately share some of the meals in the future.
    We actually have been put off going into a restaurant in the past as we weren't hungry enough for the large servings.