Thread: Wilderness lodge or polynesian?

Post Thanks / Like
    The polynesian has the monorail but the lodge doesnt? am I right? but apart from this, what other differences are there.

I like the look of the polynesian but its very expensive compared to the lodge

Post Thanks / Like
    WL is tucked back in the trees away from MK. As you say it is not on the monorail, nor does it offer anything except glimpses of MK. Your best bet would be any of the other resorts if you are concerned with your view. And of those the Contemporary is probably the cheapest but you would have to request a MK view room in any of them.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Many of our members adore the Poly but I personally find the place to be a bit dark and oppressive, but that`s only my personal opinion. It does have a great location though, being on the monorail loop and within easy walking distance of the TTC.
    I personally prefer WL. I love the theming of the resort and its grounds, and it also has Artist Point which is one of my favourite on-site restaurants at WDW. It is located a bit off the "beaten track" although you could take a pleasant boat ride to MK from the resort...or a bus to anywhere else for that matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    We actually like both resorts, but we pick the WL over the Poly., because you can only get a king size bed at the poly if you pick a suite. Where at the WL you can pick a King size bed at most views. Still don't understand why the poly does not have king size beds in the standard rooms.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not a Poly fan....I too find it dark and somewhat gloomy. We stayed there once as part of the Disney cruise and I could not believe how dark the room was (although we may have been between renovations). I just did not care for it. But I love the GF and the CR! The convenience of the monorail is really nice.

But peace and quiet has its place too and the WL is off by itself and in a relatively peaceful location. We have never stayed there, but we have visited and eaten there. It is a neat resort and under-rated as far as I'm concerned.
    Happy DVC Members since 1992! (OKW)