Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proud of my boy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for him Mairead, he's so young still that it's hard to envision what one wants to do for the rest of his/her life. Most of our kids changed their minds a few times in college! I really think that the first year in any advanced schooling should be basic liberal arts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 245281
    Good for him Mairead, he's so young still that it's hard to envision what one wants to do for the rest of his/her life. Most of our kids changed their minds a few times in college! I really think that the first year in any advanced schooling should be basic liberal arts.

i think you've either known what you want to do from a fairly young age or you just don't have a clue!

I know of only 1 friend of his who has known exactly what he wants and is doing it now....he's joined the army and has just completed his first 5 weeks training, he hasn't even been out of school a whole year yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds wonderful, Mairead! Nothing better in this world than following your dream. Dreams change and grow and develop over the years, and so does your boy! Wishing him all the best!

(Shall I send you over some ear plugs)? ;)

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 245303
    Sounds wonderful, Mairead! Nothing better in this world than following your dream. Dreams change and grow and develop over the years, and so does your boy! Wishing him all the best!

(Shall I send you over some ear plugs)? ;)

Thank you and yes please!!

Actually i just remembered we have some ear defenders in the garage from when they used to go to Santa Pod. Oh my life will be peace and quiet from now on, i shall wear them all the time!

Post Thanks / Like
    thats wonderful

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done, Jamie, and the best of luck.
    It must be a great relief for you that he has found something to study that he can enjoy at the same time.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 245344
    Well done, Jamie, and the best of luck.
    It must be a great relief for you that he has found something to study that he can enjoy at the same time.

yes it is, i really hope he sticks with it. He did a dummy run on the train yesterday to make sure he'd arrive on time so he must be keen!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12