Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud of my boy!

Post Thanks / Like
    After spending the last 2 school years at college on the mechanics course Jamie was given a place there when he left school.

He gave it up as he was very bored and realised it wasn't what he wanted, then spent the past few frustrating months not really knowing what to do.

I am pleased to say he has now gained a placed on a music course at a college in Brighton which runs until the summer holidays, after which he will hopefully be accepted on a 'sound technician' course at our local college. This path could (fingers crossed) eventually lead him into music or TV work, if he sticks with it and works hard of course!

He'a really enthusiastic about it and i've spoken with my cousin who is a dubbing editor, he says this is the perfect way to start! we'll be taking a trip to his studios in London to have a look around and see how it all works...can't wait...other family members have been already but we haven't managed to get there yet!

So after a difficult few months my boy seems to be more confident about what he can see himself doing....hurrah! I'm so pleased for him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, let's hope that Jamie likes this course better than the previous. My dad was a mechanic and he wanted to make sure that I never had to go into that profession. But, at the same time, I realize somebody had to do it. Glad that Jamie was smart enough to realize that it wasn't for him at a young age.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Hurray - thats good news!! Hope it all works out for him - he does sound positive about it! At least he dropped out of the other course for the right reason, so many now just seem to drop out cus they cant be bothered

Post Thanks / Like
    His new course sounds great and I bet there's tons of skills he'll learn that will be really helpful in giving him a headstart in the industry. It's very hard to change your mind about a course etc so he is very brave for doing so
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great path to get started on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for him! Sounds like a good plan.

Tom (... can I have a "do over"?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for him! Hope he enjoys it as it could be a very interesting career path! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! You know we always thought he'd go into something to do with cars, bikes..whatever has wheels, so it seemed natural for him to choose the mechanic path.

I have to say i'm pleased he got the chance to do it for those 2 years instead of choosing 2 different subjects at school that he wasn't keen on, this way he's given it a try and realised it's just not for him without spending the NEXT 2 years getting bored with it.....

Just really hope he stays interested in this one as he is very keen on music and decks he has in his room....

and speakers....

many speakers...

oh the noise...

was great for his birthday party last summer though!

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like he has some exciting times ahead!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 245273
    It sounds like he has some exciting times ahead!

i hope so!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast