Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: will you be getting an ipad2?

  1. #21
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    21,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 245815
    Never understood the camera thing, mind you I don't video concerned a lot and when I do the iPhone is just fine, but to use as an actual camera it makes no sense at all, a camera on an iPad is much bulkier and awkward than any point and press, the reason cameras on phones are so successful is because you have them in your pocket all the time and you can whip it out and get the shot, all very odd.
    You're right, but, there's always a but

    I've started actually using my ipad properly now. It's a proper work-a-day device for me. I wander round talking to people, making notes, tasklists, emailing. iphone too small, laptop too large, ipad is great and held in one hand.

    Now, when emailing I often want to click a photo of something and send it off but because no camera, I tend to have to use the phone and then I'm stuck with the small keys. I guess I could use the phone, share it somehow or something but still.

    We've also taken to facetiming quite a bit because one of the engineers can facetime me, show me the problem and I'll tell him how to fix. So facetime on the ipad would be cool because everyone has the ipads.

    So, thinner,lighter,camera and I'd like it. I may not want to spend what I'll need to to upgrade TO it but I'll be tempted.

    The other thing to remember is they're fighting for new customers who now have loads of tablets available. Android ones, webos ones and so on. Most with cameras. Some people compare directly on specs so Apple wont want to lose them on something as trivial as a camera :/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com







  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    On paper the iPad doesn't sound great- most apple products don't. I wish people could just put 'USE IT AND FIND OUT' in the specs As so many people are put-off by apple stuff from the high prices for seemingly low-spec stuff.

    Facetime for mac is the most exciting thing ever- fantastic for me to get in touch with Niamh & Jade when I'm in Orlando
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I could find the 15-page review I read today, I'd post the link. The Android-powered Motorola Xoom and iPad went head-to-head. iPad beat it. The Motorola unit boasted a few advantages but overall, the iPad was chosen for more intuitive OS, ease of use and exceptional battery life.

    Not sure why you'd say "most Apple products only sound good on paper". If you look at the specs and actually USE a Mac (desktop or laptop) or compare an iPhone to a Droid-based phone. Then you'd "get it." The Mac line of computers far outperform most consumer desktops and laptops of equivalent specs.

    Yes, they tend to cost more, and in some cases double a windows-based model. But, you'll also find they tend to last longer and hold their value much longer.

    Performance-wise, no way I would ever go windows again. Being a semi-professional photographer on the side who also dabbles in video, there's no substitute for the rendering power of a Mac.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since they've announced the $100 off existing iPads, I'm surely more tempted now! We'll see how my taxes go and whether or not there will be a little left :-)

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStrickPhoto, post: 246646
    If I could find the 15-page review I read today, I'd post the link. The Android-powered Motorola Xoom and iPad went head-to-head. iPad beat it. The Motorola unit boasted a few advantages but overall, the iPad was chosen for more intuitive OS, ease of use and exceptional battery life.

    Not sure why you'd say "most Apple products only sound good on paper". If you look at the specs and actually USE a Mac (desktop or laptop) or compare an iPhone to a Droid-based phone. Then you'd "get it." The Mac line of computers far outperform most consumer desktops and laptops of equivalent specs.

    Yes, they tend to cost more, and in some cases double a windows-based model. But, you'll also find they tend to last longer and hold their value much longer.

    Performance-wise, no way I would ever go windows again. Being a semi-professional photographer on the side who also dabbles in video, there's no substitute for the rendering power of a Mac.
    I think you've misread my post a little bit there- I was saying that they DON'T sound so good on paper When you use them they are excellent.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,642
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never got the iPad but loved it when i used a friends.

    Tempted to get the second version now but anyone know the cost in the UK yet?

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 246664
    Never got the iPad but loved it when i used a friends.

    Tempted to get the second version now but anyone know the cost in the UK yet?
    It will be the same price as the original iPad The original iPad is now 100 cheaper though so add 100 to these prices:
    Apple (United Kingdom) - iPad - All-new design. Video calls. HD video. And more.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    3,642
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mmm so 429 for a 16gb without 3g...

    Or do i wait for the 3 or 4 and get it at the airport next year?

    What more could they possibly do or add to it?

  9. #29
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    21,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 246674
    Mmm so 429 for a 16gb without 3g...

    Or do i wait for the 3 or 4 and get it at the airport next year?

    What more could they possibly do or add to it?
    Really hard to see what more could be added right now but things move on

    I guess higher def screen would be on the cards perhaps better in bright sunlight even thinner and lighter is always good some people want a slide out keyboard but that would be very not-apple

    So yeah must admit the iPad 2 and still the 1 actually seem like the best out there
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com







  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brigjton
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love my iPad but can't say I would want to spend 500+ just to have a camera that I would never use and I don't think that the other extras seem worth the extra cost.
    My dad is thinking of getting the iPad 2 when it comes out as he didn't get the Ipad so I will have a play with his to see what it is like.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •