Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: New Macbook Pro's announced - redux

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check them out!

    Here in the US

    or

    Here in the UK



    May be time to upgrade!

    Tom (... Thunderbolt lust!)

  2. #2
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm I dont know :/ I can see a total revision for 2012 happening :/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 245854
    hmmm I dont know :/ I can see a total revision for 2012 happening :/
    Yeah. Probably. But my reasoning is primarily for my DW's benefit. She's currently running on my old 15 inch Macbook Pro that's still based on the PowerPC architecture. I REALLY want to get her upgraded to Intel so if I were to upgrade my current MacBook Pro to the new ones, then she could have my existing one. Which gets her a 17" and Intel.

    Tom (... thinking...)

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just downloaded the new facetime HD for mac and it's really good I haven't used the call yet but I love the idea of it! I can see this being made ahead of a possible iPad release!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  5. #5
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 245860
    Yeah. Probably. But my reasoning is primarily for my DW's benefit. She's currently running on my old 15 inch Macbook Pro that's still based on the PowerPC architecture. I REALLY want to get her upgraded to Intel so if I were to upgrade my current MacBook Pro to the new ones, then she could have my existing one. Which gets her a 17" and Intel.

    Tom (... thinking...)
    Get yee behind me satan-apple-pimp I can see your true form and will not be swayed by your shiny ways and faster ports!



    I guess you'd get the 17 again?

    I so don't need a new one. I didn't need a new one when I bought this one. I didnt need a new one when I bought the last one, or the one before, or the one before.

    /me screams
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    I totally wanna upgrade now but there's no way I can afford it so I shall just wait until 2012 in case they completely change the aesthetics of the range.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Facetime is avaliable for the macs

    again why was I not informed ?????

    Ah must be because Steves not well, he usually calls me about stuff like this

  8. #8
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 245902
    Get yee behind me satan-apple-pimp I can see your true form and will not be swayed by your shiny ways and faster ports!

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 245902
    I guess you'd get the 17 again?
    Ahhhh... but of course!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 245911
    Facetime is avaliable for the macs
    Yes, and it's quite nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 245911
    again why was I not informed ?????

    Ah must be because Steves not well, he usually calls me about stuff like this
    Apologies for this. I shall have Steve flogged the next time I see him! What cheek!

    Tom (... satan-apple-pimp fanboy)

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am merely a Satan Apple pimply fanboy :D

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •