Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bit of a rant!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so fed up with youngsters on that social networking site we all love and hate (!) saying their lives are so bad, so boring, that it's not worth living blah blah blah.....

One of these days I'm going to tell them all to shut-up and think about what they're saying!

There are a few in particular, friends of Sarah and my 16yr old step-niece.

I know they don't mean it but...grrrrrr, it just drives me crazy

Thank you for listening!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know where you are coming from. I have grand kids over there that are driving me nuts.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh, the life of teenagers. I think they've been saying that for ages, just now everyone can 'hear' it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Teens are bored... I remember being so myself. Kind of weird though, isn't it? Young, vibrant, all sorts of options before you and you think you are bored.

Problem is, most teens don't what to do what is available, they want something NEW and DIFFERENT!

Mama always took care of that sort of angst with a huge pile of ironing, or walls that needed washing or some other monumental task!

Reading was my salvation. :D

(But I do know what you mean, Mairead. Things are quite a bit different now then back "then," eh)?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand your frustration. I see it too. I never say I'm bored lol my grandma would always find work for me to do!

Sometimes you just need to post how short and previous life is. Some of them will get it.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    its the same for me too mairead, i read some things and it makes me so cross - i comment and then delete it again cus i think its not worth the hassle that my comment would create!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's just the nature of teens, it must be a hormone thing. I see it with my two all the time, while everything is going their way it's yes Mum, thanks Mum but as soon as they're not happy and it's sulks and tantrums!! Only difference between them and two year olds is that 'readjustment' is more effective. Just ignore them Mairead...they'll grow out of it, one day the penny will drop that life is so precious, in a way I guess its protecting them a little from the reality of the world

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't stared a myface page and at the moment I have no intention - I see peopel using it all the time head down ignoring life around them and communicating through the digital medium - there were people even doing it in the queus at DLP last week

On a more sinister note I have to say hand on heart I see at LEAST one couple a week who cite Facebook as the principal reason that their marriage has failed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 246209

On a more sinister note I have to say hand on heart I see at LEAST one couple a week who cite Facebook as the principal reason that their marriage has failed!
    On the other hand I would never have met my darling husband

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all your replies, they were interesting to read this morning.

I get all the 'I'm bored, nobody loves me' stuff. We've all been there!

It's the 'I may as well d*e' comments that really bug me. I'm just being sensitive I suppose, especially when it's people who were so close to our precious Sarah and I feel they should know better!

I will refrain from telling them to shut up for as long as I can by which time they may have grown out of it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast