Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bit of a rant!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 246209
    I haven't stared a myface page and at the moment I have no intention - I see peopel using it all the time head down ignoring life around them and communicating through the digital medium - there were people even doing it in the queus at DLP last week

On a more sinister note I have to say hand on heart I see at LEAST one couple a week who cite Facebook as the principal reason that their marriage has failed!
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 246210
    On the other hand I would never have met my darling husband

I suppose it has it's place. But I kind of feel the same way about it as this:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NO0R2Z23gUs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In case you didn't know, that was Betty White hosting Saturday Night Live!

Tom (... I've already got too much stuff to do!)

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the biggest problems with teens today, IMHO, is that they have way too many conveniences. I know I'm talking about the distant past, but we didn't have computers, fancy TV's, video games etc.

We went outside, even in winter, and created our own fun. We played with the neighborhood kids, we knew all of our neighbors and we played games such as jacks, pick up sticks, hop scotch, tossed a ball around, played tag, played hide and go seek, etc. We didn't have time to be bored.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 246224
    One of the biggest problems with teens today, IMHO, is that they have way too many conveniences. I know I'm talking about the distant past, but we didn't have computers, fancy TV's, video games etc.

We went outside, even in winter, and created our own fun. We played with the neighborhood kids, we knew all of our neighbors and we played games such as jacks, pick up sticks, hop scotch, tossed a ball around, played tag, played hide and go seek, etc. We didn't have time to be bored.
    Gosh... you're really old!

I don't remember any of that.

Course, at my age, I don't remember too many things but that's another story.

Tom (... what hill? Where? I didn't see any hill!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I do get annoyed by the majority of them, but love the ones that think they're re-inventing the wheel by being emo/goth kids. They honestly seem to believe that nobody before them wore black and grew their hair out. It's rather amusing, at least to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing to add, it's all been said, just wanted to give you a .
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 246227
    Gosh... you're really old!

I don't remember any of that.

Course, at my age, I don't remember too many things but that's another story.

Tom (... what hill? Where? I didn't see any hill!)
    No just hold on a second there young fellow. If I remember correctly you aren't that much younger than I. And if you really think I'm going to believe it then I have this piece of ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it quite strange that people blame an Internet page for ruining their marriage, surely it wasn't that secure in the first place. Maybe vie just had dodgy ex's that I wouldn't want to catch up with again! Lol. Everything in moderation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 246247
    I have this piece of ocean front property in Arizona for sale.
    Ohhh.... we need to talk! I always wanted to live at the beach!

Tom (... just fell off the turnip truck!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to say my children are always out, come rain or shine, they're out there...Jamie out with his friends, and Matthew on his bike or scooter terrorising the neighbourhood with his friends!

Unless it's torrential rain of course then i unlock the door so they can come in and get dry.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12