Thread: Car park charges

Post Thanks / Like
    We went to Torquay today. Many of you will know that dd has a blue badge. We parked in council car park, now normally we can park for free but we had to pay. Oh well i thought just one of those things untill i realised how much it cost. It cost 1 an hour :(. My cousin met us with her dd who also has a blue badge and they were 3 minutes late back to their car. The parking attendent was giving them a ticket as they arrived, they explained they were only 3 minutes late, he said he realised this but tuff they were still getting a ticket :rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    don't cha just love that "and this means what to me?" attitude?
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm not going to comment because i don't want to get banned:mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    That is absolutely disgusting. Three lousy minutes? That person needs to get a real job. How would s/he like having to need a blue badge, eh?

I'm sorry that happened Maine Coon Lover.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    thats terrible we have free parking for badge holders here in town

they are just total a*******s grrrrrrrr
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my, they were very unlucky to get a ticket :( most of the car parks in Torquay are pay as you exit types, you put your ticket into the machine before you go back to your car and then then it spits out a coin for you to exit the car park.

There are council run car parks and NCP and private car parks and they all charge :(

South Hams Council charge for disabled drivers, in all of their car parks :sigh; always have and always will part of the joy of living in or visiting the South Hams unfortunately :rolleyes008:

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    this world is going mad.....all our parking is NCP owned, we pay 80p an hour on street and extortionate (sp?) prices in the car parks.

The parking attendants have been known to get down on their knees and check under the cars so they can see whether the tyre is just outside the bay or not :rolleyes008:

i've spoken to people who have received tickets for parking just outside the bays in car parks and they had to do that because the next car along was over their line......it's getting ridiculous.

they've taken away most of the disabled parking in town leaving very few spaces, it's sometimes impossible for my mother to go into town - she can only walk very short distances and the parking is just too far away for the shops she wants to visit.

I'm sorry this happened Michelle, it's just outrageous :mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mumof2, post: 21809
    this world is going mad.....all our parking is NCP owned, we pay 80p an hour on street and extortionate (sp?) prices in the car parks.
    40p per 15 minutes in the big multi-storey that has no parent and toddler spaces. Or you could pay 1 for all day parking but you have to park in the scary Teville Gate multi storey for that where all the drug addicts hang out waiting for the pharmacy to sort out their daily methadone prescription.

Cost me 6 for just over 5 hours in Brighton yesterday. Would have been cheaper to get the train really to be honest but sometimes that just isn't practical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its all getting way out of hand and its about time the goverment did something about it all. We can park for 3 hours on double yellow lines which i try to avoid but i am sorry to say if charges are like this then i will park on them.