Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: possible to walk from a disney resort to downtown disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible to walk comfortably from any Disney resort to downtown disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, for the most part there are NO sidewalks. It could probably be done from Saratoga Springs but I'm not sure.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    As uscwest said, walking at WDW is generally a no no, however you could actually walk from OKW or SS to DTD, but these are probably the only two resorts where you can do this apart from the hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd., a short distance away from DTD.

Post Thanks / Like
    We walk all the time to and from DTD when we are at SSR. We usually do the round trip(with shopping/eating/browsing stops of course) going round the lake past Cirque de Soleil right through DTD and back the other way through the lovely grounds. We always pop in for a free chocolate at Ghiradelli's.

It will be slightly longer from OKW though.

You can also catch a boat from OKW, SSR and Treehouses, POR and POFQ as well as the buses of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can. Not sure why anyone would say you can't!

When we stay at Saratoga Springs, we always request Congress Park as that is the closest to both the lagoon and Downtown Disney. It's maybe a 7-10 minute walk.

The walking path is along the lagoon and meets up with the public sidewalk near the road where the buses enter the drop-off/pick-up on the Marketplace end.

We've also walked to Downtown Disney on our stays at Old Key West but that is really a long walk - especially with the walking you'll be doing!

Just remember that OKW, Saratoga Springs and Port Orleans are also serviced by complimentary water-taxi service.

Jamie

Post Thanks / Like
    Jamie, the key word in the OP's question was any. I was pretty sure that you could walk from OKW and Saratoga but have never done it so wasn't absolutely sure. If you waked the LBV Golf Course, which you technically aren't supposed to do you could probably walk to DTD from Port Orleans but I wouldn't want to try it. Other than that there are no sidewalks.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 246371
    Jamie, the key word in the OP's question was any. I was pretty sure that you could walk from OKW and Saratoga but have never done it so wasn't absolutely sure. If you waked the LBV Golf Course, which you technically aren't supposed to do you could probably walk to DTD from Port Orleans but I wouldn't want to try it. Other than that there are no sidewalks.
    Gotcha - sorry if it sounded like I was coming down on you. Didn't mean that! Re-reading the OP's comment, I see what you mean :-)

Actually, walking from OKW uses a little bit of the cart path as well as a bridge on the course.

Post Thanks / Like
    We like the walk from OKW to Treehouse Villas to SSR to DTD. We actually just did that this weekend with the boy. We saw an incredible number of birds, and other wildlife.

It's an easy walk on a good pathways.

You can also walk from the Contemporary or Poly to the MK. Not the question you asked, but I thought I'd throw it in. :D

Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, and the Beach Club are all within walking distance of EPCOT and DHS.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 246376
    You can also walk from the Contemporary or Poly to the MK.
    Hmmm, not sure about that Tink.
    You definitely can walk to the MK from the Contemp, but from the Poly you can only go as far as the TTC or to the GF in the opposite direction, at which point you need to use the transportation system to get to MK.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, I always get this confused! I thought you could walk to the poly along the pathway, but maybe I'm thinking between the Poly and Grand Floridian?

Definitely the poly and the TTC.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast