Thread: What's your earliest Disney memory?

Post Thanks / Like
    We were talking last night about what our first memory of Disney was in terms of parks not films or anything

I remember seeing disneyworld on a kids tv programme and found out we were going that year. I remember walking onto main street and seeing the castle for the first time. I know thats what everyone would expect as the first memory but it's stuck with me all this time

what about you?

Post Thanks / Like
    watching the mickey mouse club on tv

my best disney memory was when we made out forst trip in 2000, first park was the magic kingdom, well it had to be didnt it , and standing at the top of main street and looking down at my kids faces and seeing the complete look of awe on their faces. it made the hairs on the back on my neck stand up on end and brought a lump to my throat and a tear in my eye
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember the original Mickey Mouse Club. My first trip to anything Disney was 1984 went I spent one day in Disneyland.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Watching Tinkerbel fly over the castle at the start of the Disney films.

Post Thanks / Like
    watching bambi with my cousin one summer holidays at my local cinema.although its not my favourite disney film that memory has stuck with me.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ariving at the entrance of the MK in 1981

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is of my first visit to WDW back in 1979 (I was eight) when we turned off 192 onto World Drive. It was me and my Sister along with my parents and grandparents and we were all wondering "where the heck is it?!?" Back then there was nothing on World Drive until you saw the gates at the Magic Kingdom parking lot. It seemed like it took forever to get there from 192.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean of WDW or Disney in general. The reason I ask is that my earliest Disney memory is of the old Mickey Mouse Club (mid 1950's) and Disney's Wonderful World of Color.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 251674
    Do you mean of WDW or Disney in general. The reason I ask is that my earliest Disney memory is of the old Mickey Mouse Club (mid 1950's) and Disney's Wonderful World of Color.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmjim, post: 246594
    We were talking last night about what our first memory of Disney was in terms of parks not films or anything
    usc, he was referring to the parks only.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    My first trip to WDW was for our honeymoon in 2000 Even the sight of the magical express made me tear up, but walking under the railroad station and seeing Main Street USA for real after seeing it on tv for all those years..I was a mess..in a good way