Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've fallen in love with a chilean Eagle

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to Bodium today and they were doing a 'have a go at falconry day'

REally great bunch of guys running it and for 2 - yes 2 !! they let you put the glove on and fly the birds back and forth for 15 minutes

Well people came and went and the Barn owl got lots of oohs and aahs, our boys flew a vulture 'cos they are weird like that - not so cute but a magnificent creature

Anyway when it all went quiet the chap asked me what I was drooling over and I said the huge grey Eagle at the back

Apparently its a Chilean Eagle and they are just bringing it along to these events at the moment to get her used to people - when it went quiet they brought her out for a quick perch to perch fly ona tether

However being Bodium Castle there were much more interesting roosts for her to perch on so I was clicking away like a nut - it is a crying shame that the met office cocked up yet again and sent us dark grey clouded skies when the forecast yesterday was for clear bright sun all day - ah well.

This animal is now my favourite raptor ever - a stunning stunning animal - yes he flight shots are grainy but I had to up the iso and the shutter speed just to catch her - on a sunny day I would really have got some crackers once my eye was in.

Now my favourites...

I am going to work on cloning out the tether and straps but bath time for the kids beckons

Post Thanks / Like
    truly awesome
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The flight ones would have been soooooooooo much better with more light so I could have lowered the ISO and upped the shutter speed but focus was much better this time

The guy wants to use some on his facebook page to advertise his business

Much as I have resisted doing anything like this before I suppose I really ought to watermark and put my name on things like this sometimes

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I really think so and I know it kinda goes against the grain but if he wants the photos to advertise, there should be some consideration coming back your way ;-)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hang on I've got some cute Barn owl ones I'll put up in a sec...

Post Thanks / Like
    He is beautiful

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    There are more on the flickr, the 3rd from bottom what when she sat on a turret then swooped all the way down to the ground, think I have three on the flickr from that swoop and I was so chuffed to hold focus during the dive, I chose this one as you can see the shape of this gorgeous wings.

I know they aren't perfectly framed but when a dive lasts about a second, you really don't have any time to think, hmm let's think about the composition now, lol !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 246776
    yeah I really think so and I know it kinda goes against the grain but if he wants the photos to advertise, there should be some consideration coming back your way ;-)

It really does go against the grain, its the first time ever anyone has actually asked for one of my photos that I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Incredible. Frightening in some ways; the power of the bird and it's seemingly single minded purpose.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The colors on the bird are just beautiful!

Well done!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast