Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More Birds at Bodium

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Love, love, love the bird photos! The castle is fabulous, too! Thanks, Doc. Miss seeing your photos!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 246795
    Oh... On this theme... Lying on your tummy in the freezing cold with a long camera lens, fingerless gloves and a camo thermalite hat waiting for minutes on end for a tiny bird to turn his head slightly so a catchlight sparkles and you fire the shutter whilst praying you have the right camera settings... Then going home and spending hours farting about with 3 post processing software programmes , getting it so you are reasonably happy, uploading to flickr then subsequently unloading to a forum - is another surefire way to make the opposite sex practically faint with lustful thoughts
    What sort of thoughts? ;)

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    So what lens are you using for all these gorgeous shots?

Love the owl!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 246795
    Oh... On this theme... Lying on your tummy in the freezing cold with a long camera lens, fingerless gloves and a camo thermalite hat waiting for minutes on end for a tiny bird to turn his head slightly so a catchlight sparkles and you fire the shutter whilst praying you have the right camera settings... Then going home and spending hours farting about with 3 post processing software programmes , getting it so you are reasonably happy, uploading to flickr then subsequently unloading to a forum - is another surefire way to make the opposite sex practically faint with lustful thoughts

The pictures are amazing! I love the face of the Kestrel, he is adorable

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I go more for the "point and shoot" kind of guy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn yes there are definite advantages - I have a few of us all flying the vuilture but it wasn't easy as I had a leather glove in one hand whilst I was doing it.

Ducky most of these were shot with the 100-400 Canon L - worth every single solitary penny I spent on it - the only drawback is that now I have the opportunity to get pretty up close and personal to some of the wildlife out there there are occasions when the 100mm end is too long and I have to take a few steps away from the subject to get focus

Thnk some of these were taken with the 24-105 L - the castle definitely was and I thought one of the duck ones was as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent photos.
    Please could you just nip back there and take some more of the castle? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 246790
    Ah yes, a sure fire tactic that, this strategy had secured me the amorous attentions of nearly one lady of the female persuasion in the last 25 years
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    The castle is very photogenic and I defnitely will - just wasn't up to much yesterday as teh sky, by and large, was gunmetal grey horizon to horizon an cold as heck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast