Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time flies..

Post Thanks / Like
    when you get lost and don't visit Secrets enough

I missed everyone!! Life has been a bit crazy lately, but I have been checking in now and then to keep up on the big news! Hope everyone is doing well :D

Right now we are in the middle of a huge snow storm. Yesterday it was 50 outside and this morning started with rain, the sleet, and now we are looking at up to 12 inches of snow or more. Guess winter wanted us to have one more kick in the pants before she left

So in other news I am in the process of booking our trip to Disney!! Yup- that is what I said!!! I never thought it would happen, but we are getting all the last minute details down and we should be officially booked in a day or so!! I can't believe it - it doesn't seem real!!

But there ya go..now where is all that advice for taking little kids

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, still snow? That totally ... well, you know.

Advice for taking two little sweeties? TAKE IT AT THEIR PACE!!!! Seriously. If they want to play in the leaping water for twenty minutes, let them. Don't over plan the days.

Try to stay to their schedules as much as possible (their normal everyday schedule I mean).

Plan on bringing snacks into the park with you. No one wants a tummy ache on holiday, and keeping them away from tons of junk food is one way to avoid that sort of gastric upset.

Sunscreen. Bug repellent. Your own stoller(s) that lay back and allow them to stretch out and possibly nap.

You are going to have such a wonderful time!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We are beyond excited I do my best not to talk about the trip around the kids because I think over the next 7 months I would make them crazy ;)

I think I might sit down and do a pre-trip report. I've never done a trip report at all, but it might release some of my pent up pixie dust :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Yaaaaaay Shelly, thats soooo exciting!!!
    You do know you might go slightly mad over the next 7mths dont you "are we going yet, are we going yet, are we going yet" - or was that just my 4yr old?!

Hmm, my top tip - make sure you have plenty of water, plenty of snacks, definately a change of clothes and a towel just incase they run into one of the water bits in some of the parks and a stroller, even one for Katie (dont know if you still use one or not), it proved invaluable for us. Isabelle walked alll day but it came too much for her somewhere around 5-6pm, and if she wasnt in the buggy during the day, all the bags were

Im sooo excited for you! (little bit jealous too haha!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 246823
    Yaaaaaay Shelly, thats soooo exciting!!!
    You do know you might go slightly mad over the next 7mths dont you "are we going yet, are we going yet, are we going yet" - or was that just my 4yr old?!

Hmm, my top tip - make sure you have plenty of water, plenty of snacks, definately a change of clothes and a towel just incase they run into one of the water bits in some of the parks and a stroller, even one for Katie (dont know if you still use one or not), it proved invaluable for us. Isabelle walked alll day but it came too much for her somewhere around 5-6pm, and if she wasnt in the buggy during the day, all the bags were

Im sooo excited for you! (little bit jealous too haha!)
    I think I am already slightly mad!! I can't wait!!

That is really good advice I know with both kids if they are over heated or thirsty then it can send them into a tail spin, so maybe bringing some frozen water with us in the morning would be good. Extra clothes I always have, so I guess my OCD will come in handy ;) Katie doesn't usually use a stroller anymore, but we do find that if we are walking a lot (like an amusement park), she does ask for one near the middle of the day.

Now the next question is did you bring a stroller from home, or did you rent one from Disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    We took one from home, couldnt justify the extra money it wouldve cost to hire one from the parks, plus it meant we had it for use outside of the parks too. Coming back from dinner in the evening was often late and so wandering back along IDrive Isabelle would fall asleep

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 246897
    We took one from home, couldnt justify the extra money it wouldve cost to hire one from the parks, plus it meant we had it for use outside of the parks too. Coming back from dinner in the evening was often late and so wandering back along IDrive Isabelle would fall asleep
    Ok that makes sense I didn't think of the walking back to the room and waiting in line for the bus- the stroller would come in handy then as well.

We have a large stroller that we used for both kids when they were in their carrier up until about the age of 1 and then we have a small umbrella stroller. Now I guess I have to look into maybe getting a better umbrella stroller..maybe one with some storage under it. I think it would be a huge pain to bring our large one on and off the bus each day.

So much more to think about this time with the kids! When it was Dh and I we just packed and left

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you get one with a raincover too , oh and when you go to shows and things and you have to leave the stroller outside make sure you put the raincover down just incase theres a downpour when you are in the show!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 246907
    Make sure you get one with a raincover too , oh and when you go to shows and things and you have to leave the stroller outside make sure you put the raincover down just incase theres a downpour when you are in the show!
    Nice..very nice

Just keep it coming..all your wisdom is going in my notebook ;) Amazing all the little things I would never think of.

Post Thanks / Like
    will do - if i think of anymore ill pop them on here for you! we've been a couple of times with isabelle now, one when she had just turned 2 and when she had just turned 4, each time was so different!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast