Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To recline or not to recline, that's the question

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm posting this one because virgin atlantic have this going on Facebook and some of the comments have shocked me greatly.

Is it ok to recline your seat or not on a long flight?

I've always thought that we were ok to recline as long as it wasn't meal time because there's so little space for that anyway. The rest of the time it's free reign surely?

Thing is people are saying well the person behind you might be tall or have a child on their lap but what am I supposed to do then? I'm tall too and if the seat in front of me reclines, I have no choice other than to recline my seat too.

So whats the etiquette here? I mean it's ok saying well ask the person behind but what if they say no?

Post Thanks / Like
    omg Im amazed its even a question of course you're allowed to recline and if people have a problem tell them to go speak to a member of staff who'll put them right back in their place and will tell them that the seats recline for a reason

its one thing to be considerate and not recline at 100mph so you hit whoever is behind you, and polite to sit straight at meal times until the trays have gone, but other than that reclining is fine and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get over themselves and order themselves a private jet

Post Thanks / Like
    if the seat reclines you can recline

this question on other sites causes sooooooo many arguments and what some passengers will do to stop the passenger in front of them from reclining absolutely staggers me its beyond belief and downright abusive if you ask me.

i have always reclined and will carry on doing so as long as my seat will allow me to. no one but no one can stop you reclining or have the right to do so if the seat has a reclining facility.

i agree with the above as long as you are considerate, and dont move the seat back really fast and put the seat up at meal times you are fine, other than that feel free to recline
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    If you recline carefully and not at mealtimes that is acceptable.
    They are, after all, reclining seats.

(Sadly, not everyone takes these points into consideration. )
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand why it's an issue - they wouldn't be made to recline if you weren't supposed to recline them

Of course it's good manners to have the seat upright at mealtimes. The people behind you couldn't eat if you were reclined.

It's like people who moan about children on a flight to Florida D'oh - it's a flight to Florida - what do you expect. Of course they are going to be excited and as long as they're not abusive or overly ruly, then for goodness sake, have some patience

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't mind well behaved kids it's the ones who scream down my ear for 10 hours, crying, screaming, crying then kicking the seats, running up and down then being sick I admit to wanting to stick them in the hold

Post Thanks / Like
    The seats were designed to be reclined, to give you comfort and is also to do with your health. Long durations in one position is not healthy. Plus, if someone went out of their way to tell me I couldn't recline my seat, I'd have to disable their entertainment for the duration of the flight

Ps. Am an Aircraft mechanic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolape, post: 246991
    The seats were designed to be reclined, to give you comfort and is also to do with your health. Long durations in one position is not healthy. Plus, if someone went out of their way to tell me I couldn't recline my seat, I'd have to disable their entertainment for the duration of the flight

Ps. Am an Aircraft mechanic.
    Nice one

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Just don't sit in the front of the seats that do not recline as I have done in the past and the people behind kicking, constantly pushing the seat etc then asking the airhostess to tell me to put my seat up which I have always done during meal times.

I always advise people now which seats to be wary of and book there seats for them where possible.

If people choose not to recline their seats that is their choice but don't let them winge to me LOL!!!

I say RECLINE and be comfortable!
    Karen
    Premier Travel
    01634 352143
    info@premiertravelservices.co.uk
    ABTA L5039

Post Thanks / Like
    I meet people halfway, I recline but not fully and never at meal times and only when I want to snooze. Plus I buy the next premium seats up so they and I have more room. HTH?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast