Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carpe diem...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.. so today I was passing Jessops and on a spur-of-the moment I bought the Tamron lens I was talking about earlier
    I've not taken anything with it yet and I know the lens quality isn't going to be AMAZING but I'm pleased with the zooming abilities
    If nothing else, it makes my camera look pretty pro (Had no other camera to take a picture though so had to take a snap on my phone)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    The forum insists on rotating that photo so apologies for it being lopsided!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to see the shots you get with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll certainly post some when I can
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Really do post some Josh!

We get so wrapped up in really expensive lenses but the truth is few people notice the difference and there are bad copies of multi thousand pound lenses and STUNNING copies of cheaper lenses ;-)

So who knows!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    impressive looking

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 246931
    Really do post some Josh!

We get so wrapped up in really expensive lenses but the truth is few people notice the difference and there are bad copies of multi thousand pound lenses and STUNNING copies of cheaper lenses ;-)

So who knows!
    I'm not under any illusion it will be as good as Chris' or anything but I just needed something with a bit more zoom. Exterior shots of a certain castle, perhaps ... or maybe a few mountains would be good with this lens. I'm still taking my other lens for group shots etc.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing wrong with Tamron. I've had them in the past before going to Canon "L" glass. For the money, they typically outperform Canon's regular glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'm going to head out and attempt to get a few shots today, it's so hard to pick a specific place to go out and shoot rather than going out and then thinking 'oh this would make a nice shot..'
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Josh and I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with it, as you say it certainly looks the business! What spec is the lens? An see the 70 but not what it winds up to?

Heard some good stuff about tamron and I currently have an eBay bid on a sigma lens so I'm not a complete l glass snob now ;)

Please please please post some shots when the sun comes out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast