Thread: Out to Rye

Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow Kim's side has a coach trip to Rye and she has let me go! If you have not been to Rye before it is a lovely old town with stunning views, cobble stones streets and best of all it is market day!!!

But while down there want to try and book into Jeakes House have a look at it
    www.jeakeshouse.com prices are good, honesty bar(!!!) and can never get booked in there so thought for hubby's birthday will try and get a saturday booked up.

The on the way back going to Tenterden which is again stunning nice cream teas etc.

Can't wait so tomorrow we are closed if anyone tries calling etc a well earnt day off well for me not Kim! As she still has to courier the trip
    Karen
    Premier Travel
    01634 352143
    info@premiertravelservices.co.uk
    ABTA L5039

Post Thanks / Like
    :) My neck of teh woods- Lisa and I were married in Peasmarsh church just outside Rye and we lived there for many years - a beautiful town and a beautiful part of the world to live

Post Thanks / Like
    Peasmarsh am I right in saying they have an old general store there that is quite famous. Around that area has always been a firm favourite of mine. Still unpoilt and lots to see and do. Nice resturants there too!
    Karen
    Premier Travel
    01634 352143
    ABTA L5039

Post Thanks / Like
    The church at the back where we got wed was the same one Stella McCartney got hitched at the following week. Thec ountryside there is very very special to us as it was out first home. We had our reception at Brooomhill lodge and the night before we had a a do at teh Cock horse which was our local.

one of my favourite places on the planet there

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a lovely time in Rye it was tied in with tenterden but next time we will do Peasmarsh as readquite a lot about it today. You will have to tell.us some tips!
    Karen
    Premier Travel
    01634 352143
    ABTA L5039

Post Thanks / Like
    Jempsons is the store you mean and thats were we used to do our weekly shop - it looks more like a supermarket now but it was a cottage witha n extension when we lived there

Go visit our church, its signposted off the road - you meander around some beautiful contrysie and find it just tucked out of the way - they are having some problems with subsidence at the moment which is sad but I think it was built in 1067 , and there is suggestion that parts of it are much older than that even

The cock inn at the top of the hill alwqays used to doa lovely meal and a pint