Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on taking young kids to Disney!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok bring it on This will be our first trip taking kids and we are quickly realizing that we need to re-learn everything we know about Disney World. Katie is 4 and Marc is 2, if that helps at all :D

Ok I have my notebook ready..

Post Thanks / Like
    ... Ty was 3 when we took him for the first time Shelly, we just took it low key and let him set the pace. By that I mean that if he fell in love with an attraction or character we let him explore it at his pace. We had a blast. I tried to keep meal times as close to normal as possible, with as normal foods for him as possible. Upset tummies do not travel well!We had 2 late nights and the rest of the time not more than an hour past normal bedtime. Wast different than traveling with teens? You bet but we had few melt downs and he developed a real love for Disney because we didn't push! I also kept the really loud and crazy buffets for breakfast or lunch instead of dinner! When do you go?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 247087
    ... Ty was 3 when we took him for the first time Shelly, we just took it low key and let him set the pace. By that I mean that if he fell in love with an attraction or character we let him explore it at his pace. We had a blast. I tried to keep meal times as close to normal as possible, with as normal foods for him as possible. Upset tummies do not travel well!We had 2 late nights and the rest of the time not more than an hour past normal bedtime. Wast different than traveling with teens? You bet but we had few melt downs and he developed a real love for Disney because we didn't push! I also kept the really loud and crazy buffets for breakfast or lunch instead of dinner! When do you go?
    Good stuff! It does seem that all Tink's think alike

We are going in October. We figured it would be warm enough to swim, but not too hot and it shouldn't be really packed as school will have started. I thought it would be good for a first visit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't we though!

October is an incredible month to visit, Shellyamc! Don't forget the Food and Wine Festival is going on then too! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 247094
    Don't we though!

October is an incredible month to visit, Shellyamc! Don't forget the Food and Wine Festival is going on then too! :D
    Depending on how the kids hold up we might need the wine part of that festival ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Aswell as mine on the other thread ive thought of another one! I always took a blanket with me, it might be nice and warm when you go out but it can get very cold some evenings and its not so easy to get a sleeping child changed so a blanket can come in very handy!

Post Thanks / Like
    No 1 DONT PANIC we took ours when they were very very young - I shall point lisa at this thread as she will be much better than me

Infact this question was why we joined the old board initially and probably half of the people who answered said we were mad

for us it was one of the best holidays ever and we learned to see WDW in a whole new way, and through the eye of a young child - yes there weres some things we couldn't do - not even sure we stayed up for all the fireworks.

But the CM's weer simply wonderful with the little ones and simple things, little things were just pure magic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 247100
    No 1 DONT PANIC
    I think that this will be the best advice for me! I think I should write it on my arm so I don't forget!

Post Thanks / Like
    Our daughter was 1 when we went to orlando... We planned everything!
    One advice... Whilst planning will ease your mind, but with kids, nothing goes to plan.

But plan for the worst and hope for the best...
    so.. plan to do very little, cross the bridge when you get there. If the kids are still full of energy once you've done what you wanted to do, do a little more. ( we ended up doing plenty! )

We had a great time, we loved it. Hope you do too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly hun, you are going to have an amazing time with the kids at Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast