Thread: california grill for wedding meal?

Post Thanks / Like
    :tongue: Im asking this one on behalf of an office friend, honest

She's really worried about the after wedding meal for their party since they've been unable to get v&a for several reasons and have been suggested california grill.

Anyone have any comments on whether the california grill would be any good or should she look elsewhere

Post Thanks / Like
    The Californian Grill seems to have mixed reviews, some folks love it and others have had cause for complaint about the service etc.etc.
    Other WDW venues that your friend may consider are Citricos` [right next door to V & A`s], the Blue Zoo, the Bistro de Paris or the Yachtsmans Steakhouse, all of which seem to get a favourable response from many who dine there [me included!].

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my wedding meal at the California Grill. We only had a small intimate wedding (there was 6 of us) and I wanted to extend the day a little, so we decided on CG. Mainly as I wanted my mum and dad to see the fireworks. Our wedding was 6 years ago so it may have changed a little since then, but I was allowed to wear my dress etc and we had a table slightly away from the main area so it felt like we had our own small little private reception.

Food was good too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa1976, post: 247499
    I had my wedding meal at the California Grill. We only had a small intimate wedding (there was 6 of us) and I wanted to extend the day a little, so we decided on CG. Mainly as I wanted my mum and dad to see the fireworks. Our wedding was 6 years ago so it may have changed a little since then, but I was allowed to wear my dress etc and we had a table slightly away from the main area so it felt like we had our own small little private reception.

Food was good too
    I hope I'm allowed to say that I was priviliged to be there and had the BEST time, it truly was really really great. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it for the evening meal on the special day. Of course we had great company as well ;-) which always helps.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 247504
    I hope I'm allowed to say that I was priviliged to be there and had the BEST time, it truly was really really great. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it for the evening meal on the special day. Of course we had great company as well ;-) which always helps.
    Of course you are

Post Thanks / Like
    do you have any photos of the day not just the meal

Post Thanks / Like
    we had our wedding meal at narcoosseeees (i still cant spell it lol) we had a window seat and watched the seven seas lagoon light display had cake and everything just felt a little overdressed in wedding gear

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 247570
    just felt a little overdressed in wedding gear
    I wore my wedding dress on the monorail I needed to go get changed, so my mum and me left the California Grill and rode the monorail round to the Grand Floridian where we were staying the night. Never had so many people stare at me, don't think they could quite believe that I was riding the monorail in my wedding dress :tongue:

Post Thanks / Like
    We had ours at V&A and were still in our wedding outfits. As we stepped out of the lifts a little girl saw DW in her dress and said ooo look mommy a princess getting married will she live in the castle now? which we thought was just mega cute.

That's one of the truly special things about getting married at DisneyWorld, it's all just so right. Everyone we passed said congratulations, we had photos taken as we walked past. Just really brilliant.

I think if we'd had more people in the wedding party than just the two of us we'd have gone elsewhere though. V&A was great for two people but I think I'd have felt a bit self conscious trying to talk to a more than a few people. The california grill was great for that!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I think CG would be spectacular but I'm not sure they have like a private room where your wedding party could be. I believe that Citrico's does have one however. I don't think you would go wrong with either choice.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix