Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swim with dolphins?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that what discovery cove is about or is it seaworld? How soon do you have to book for this??

Post Thanks / Like
    You can view and feed the dolphins at SW but, DC is the place to go if you want to swim with them.

DC is an all day experience with the actual time spent in the water with the dolphins being about 40 minutes. This doesn't sound like much but, you'll never forget being pulled through the water by one of these friendly creatures. You get to do some interactions with your chosen dolphin such as waves, asking it to jump, show you it's belly etc. You are usually put into a group of around 8 people and given a time to be at one of the cabanas for a chat with a trainer before getting into the water. Photos will be taken on the day too....the dolphin kiss is always a favourite. You don't have to buy the photos (which come in singles or packages) but most people do as it is a treasured memory.

There are lots of other activities at DC such as swimming in the lazy river, snorkeling with thousands of tropical fish and wading with rays.

Post Thanks / Like
    if you go on the DC website there is a calender that lets you know the free days, if you get the ultimate swim it gives you tix to aquatica, sea world and busch gardens i think
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 20932
    if you go on the DC website there is a calender that lets you know the free days, if you get the ultimate swim it gives you tix to aquatica, sea world and busch gardens i think
    :p015: yep....with options of 7 or 14 days.
    About a month ago, I tried to book DC for our trip in December....I had about three days where we could go.....they were fully booked.
    So, Eeyoreguy, the sooner the better to book for DC if you're going at a busy time of the year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 20940
    :p015: yep....with options of 7 or 14 days.
    About a month ago, I tried to book DC for our trip in December....I had about three days where we could go.....they were fully booked.
    So, Eeyoreguy, the sooner the better to book for DC if you're going at a busy time of the year.
    last time i looked our dates in oct were all free, we were going to do it but now we arent, im gutted i sooooo wanted to swim with them
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 20943
    last time i looked our dates in oct were all free, we were going to do it but now we arent, im gutted i sooooo wanted to swim with them
    one day, you will :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 20949
    one day, you will :p015:
    yeah i spose but i wanted to do it with the kids and they arent going anymore for a while they want to go see other places
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 20950
    yeah i spose but i wanted to do it with the kids and they arent going anymore for a while they want to go see other places
    It will be special if you and Denise do it...romantic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 20953
    It will be special if you and Denise do it...romantic
    will see
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    It's BRILLIANT. I'd definatley reccomend it. We did it on my sisters 16th birthday and got her the birthday package.. a dolphin swam upto her with a buoy and a special message.
    Magical.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast