Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London for the day

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to London in April for my Embassy appointment and I'm going to have a few hours spare before I have to get my train home. Just wondering what you would recommend doing? I'm not sure what time I'll be at the embassy until so I probably won't have to time to book a show, but what else can you recommend?

Josh
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have some spare cash, I'd recommend doing the London Eye, you go up in a huge glass capsule Ferris wheel sorta thing over the Thames river and get a huge view overlooking the city.

It is amazing.

----

Edit: Found some photo's from when I last went on.

Untitled by coolape, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Take your camera and stroll around Hyde Park.

Unless it's raining then don't. :D

Or how about the London Aquarium.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you get the time Josh, I`d go for a tour on one of the "hop on/hop off" busses which will take you around all the sights and gives you a running commentary along the way.
    This will save a lot of legwork and enable you to get a good feel of the city.

Post Thanks / Like
    My favourites in London are the Imperial War Museum, the British Museum, the Natural History museum and the V&A. (Hmm... bit of theme there. )
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys The tour bus and aquarium sound really cool I have seen the London eye and planned on doing it if I had enough time. The british museum sounds quite good too! I'm not going to have enough time to fit this all in
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    we really enjoyed our boat ride on the thames, we went on hms belfast which was great and then took the boat towards the london eye. having a glimpse of big ben and westminster was well worth it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 247541
    Take your camera and stroll around Hyde Park.

Unless it's raining then don't. :D

Or how about the London Aquarium.
    We did the aquarium in 2007. If we hadn't had discounted tickets we would have been sorely disappointed at the price we would have had to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 247625
    If you get the time Josh, I`d go for a tour on one of the "hop on/hop off" busses which will take you around all the sights and gives you a running commentary along the way.
    This will save a lot of legwork and enable you to get a good feel of the city.
    This is indeed a great way to see the city.

Don't suppose you will be able to see the changing of the guard at the Palace. We were quite impressed.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Or madam tussauds?

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a look on lastminute.co.uk just before you go, they often have deals. We got half price off the bus tours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast