Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What jobs have you had?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you tell I'm bored?

so tell me all the jobs you've had

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, well i've mainly been a legal secretary but in the last 5 years i've had a photography business too :) When I was younger I worked in a cake shop and a toy store too.

What about you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've worked in retail and in the banking field. I'm currently going to school for my PsyD.

Post Thanks / Like
    i trained to be a hairdresser, when my kids went to school i trained to be a teaching assistant which i do part time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've actually had quite a few jobs considering I'm only 19! I've worked in a factory twice over two different Summers. As it was 'off-season' we were mainly packing cosmetics rather than the factory's usual production of hampers. My friend & I spent our whole first day putting 'tester' stickers on tubes of lipstick I've also worked in a call centre. It was inbound calls and I actually really liked it

Other than that I've worked at M&S twice now over the Christmas period. Currently studying International Journalism at Uni.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have been in some form of IT or another for the past 44 years. Before that.

Started delivering Newspapers
    Worked at a fast food joint
    Worked for a department store
    Joined the Air Force where in addition to my AF IT duties I held part time jobs as a movie theater usher, ticket taker, projectionist and manager, bartender, head cashier and again in a department store.
    Since 1975 when I got out of the AF I worked as a government IT contractor for two different companies on a total of 6 different projects. Since 1993 I have been working for my favorite uncle (SAM) in IT.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Currently working as a Vocational Counselor and a pt Disney travel agent.

Have done a variety of counseling/human service jobs. Worked for a HMO doing customer service (worst job EVER!), done a plethora of customer service type work.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was still at school I had a Saturday morning job at a local greengrocers, hand carting fruit and vegetables from the shop to an indoor market a short distance away where thay had a stall.
    I also had an [unpaid] job in my teens where I worked on stage at a theatre where my Mum worked. This gave me a great opportunity to meet many of the stars of the 60`s which are still highly regarded today...the Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, etc.etc.....and of course Eric Clapton.

My first "real" job was as a draughtsman at an engineering company, eventually ending up as sales manager for the same company.
    After 16 years there I, along with another of their employees, set up our own engineering business where I stayed until taking an early retirement 5 years ago.

I am now an unpaid Mod here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of you wont know me, but thought i'd share some of my background.

Parents moved abroad when I was 6 months old.
    Never had a job in school years, although did a lot of computer repair work for family, friends and friend of friends.
    Left school, moved back to the UK.
    Went to college, got minimum qualifications for an apprenticeship with the Defense aviation repair agency (civilian side for military of defense aircraft maintenance).
    Apprenticeship lasted a year as we lost the contract from the M.o.D.
    Got a job as a electronics technician at an Airline.
    resigned from position and applied for another position as a base maintenance aircraft mechanic with the same airline...

almost the story of my life. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolape, post: 248008
    Got a job as a electronics technician at an Airline.
    resigned from position and applied for another position as a base maintenance aircraft mechanic with the same airline...

almost the story of my life. :D
    Sounds similar to my DH's job I think. Maybe just a different title.

I have been a kitchen assistant at a busy pub during college. I have worked in the office of a car spares delivery company, a part time barmaid and a teaching assistant. I'm about to return to college to do an NVQ level 2 course for a Learning support/teachers assistant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast