Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Disneyworld EPCOT entrance system being trialled

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney began testing an experimental entry configuration at EPCOT to see if it simplifies park entry. Periodically throughout the day, some guests were invited to scan their tickets at the new system which may ease entry, especially for families with strollers or wheelchairs. Teams are always trying out new ideas stay tuned to see if this makes it into the parks

What do you reckon?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see why it wouldn't work. Seaworld have a scan ticket system, although they do still have the turnstyle bit too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not see this when I was there yesterday. Maybe I entered over at the other end...
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    If only you didn't have to walk a mile from the monorail exit to the park entrance turnstiles! The absolute worst part of taking the monorail. You are dropped-off right above the entrance... yet you have to walk SO far to get back to the entrance! I understand wheelchair/handicap accessibility, but lets add a staircase to make the journey quicker for the larger group at hand!

Post Thanks / Like
    The monorail exit to the entrance of EPCOT? Not far at all, really. Are you sure that's the one you mean, and that you aren't thinking of the TTC to Monorail to MK?

I sure hope this expedites entry. EPCOT can get SO backlogged!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he means the Epcot monorail station. I remember thinking it was a lot longer than I remembered when we used it back in Oct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? It didn't seem like that when we were there opening weekend of the Flower and Garden show... but then, we like to walk.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't mind the walk but when your excited to get into the park, it seems like forever lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still not picturing any real distance...

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a pretty good distance walking towards the parking lot, then back towards the park then walking towards the parking lot again where it meets street-level.

Having just been there, I remember both my wife & I commenting on how much a drag it is having to do all that walking.

We don't mind walking either as that's part of what you do when you are at the parks. But, when you've spent the first half of your day at MK and now you are coming here, less walking saves the feet just that much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast