Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well we went for a walk in the woods yesterday...

Post Thanks / Like
    ....... yep more bird photos

:angry: after a day of glorious dappled sunlight it was.... raining , and cold, and grey and frankly I'm getting hacked off with this country I know clearly compared with half the planet we havd NOTHING to complain about at all but it owuld be nice to feel warm for just once and not have to have the car light s on pretty much all the day.

Anyway Battle high woods, the reason we went was the SOS website had spotted 10 or more crossbills feeding in there

.... which we didn't find.

These are the least awful of the shots - always carry a bag of sunflower seeds around if there are friendly birds about even in a wood ;)

I LOVE these birds, I think although I flirt with other species these are my absolute favourites adn I will always remember the day a pair came to the garden.

... now I don't know why because I took some much better Robin shots the oher day but I really really like this one...

And for the twitchers - may I present the worst photograph ever recorded of a Goldcrest ;)

Top branches of a crazy high tree in the rainy gloom - tiny dots flying about - click click clikc and then zoom in to see what they were

IMO that still couts as a 'spot'

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your bird photo's

I am hoping to spot some hummingbirds when we go to Fl next week.

We are hiring a boat at Hontoon Landing and apparantly thy have them there, but I don't a have a proper camera so even if I spot them I don't know if I will catch them on a digital ( but I'll have a go)

Keep your fingers crossed for me Chris :-)

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely photos,
    I take the dog for a walk over stanmer park most days and I have heard what I think is a woodpecker, I have tried to spot him but have failed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooo top woodpecker tip - if you hear one drumming , stop dead still near a tree and witha stone or the end of a stick wait for a pause and then copy his drumming

As it is largely a territorial thing he will fly over more often than not to see what the competition is!! works 7/10 I reckon!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, lovely shot of the robin.
    Have you ever managed to photograph a wren?
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Wrens are tricky little blighters , even more hoppy and scuttly than goldcrests , we have one in the front garden and I will get him one day, ho yus!

They are completely seetthough but apparently the goldcrests are even far smeller than them!!

Sandra I soooo hope you finally see your humming birds - do please take a photo or 50 :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 247815
    Wrens are tricky little blighters , we have one in the front garden and I will get him one day,
    Yep, same here.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh oooh oooh I see the Goldcrest

If you go to Pulborough and sit in the hide at the bottom of the steep path a wren regularly comes and sits on the fence post in front of the hide about 10 feet away. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool - must go there if for no other reason than to get that Wren!! - Pulborough does sen awesome though seen so many great 'spots' from there posted!!

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the pretty blue bird? Your robins look different than ours. Pretty birds! Thank you for sharing them (and would you stop already with the knocking of your photos)!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast