Thread: Virgin PE seats

Post Thanks / Like
    On our inbound journey, we have to fly PE.
    According to the VA website, it will be an Airbus A330-300

I've gone to 'reserve' some seats and there aren't any showing available in a set of two. Do any of the sets of two up each side get released at a later date or have I just been unlucky and they are all gone?

Post Thanks / Like
    last year when we went with va we tried to reserve our seats but couldnt. the travel agent told us there was no need to, not really knowing we just waited until we traveled. at manchester the virgin rep said we could of reserved seats but it doesnt matter because all seats are shuffled around right up until just before boarding in order to fit everyone in? all 4 of us got to sit together there and back. i dont know who was telling me the correct info though. i have changed travel agents for nxt years hol!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the truth is a bit of both really.

It's best to reserve the seats early if you can but a certain proportion are kept behind anyway and become available closer to the departure time.

Despite all that, they can and do shuffle people around to fit in parties of certain sizes and basically get everyone in there. Very often this results in a party being moved a row or two forward back and they try to do their best to assign the same rough position you preselected. Sometimes it's not possible and we have been moved to completely different areas of the plane and once or twice separated and put all over the plane :/ They always claim it's to fit in families with young children and so on.

Another fairly frequent occurrence is a plane has some problem which means another plane is brought in to cover. Even if the plane is the same type, the seating charts tend to be lost and they start again assigning seats.

We arrived for a virgin flight sometime a couple of years ago and the plane had been changed so we'd lost our preselected seats. Real pain as they had then gone through assigning all the seats again in order of families and so on and of course couples/singles were at the back of that priority list! We actually had no seats assigned at all and at first, they were trying to say we wouldn't have a seat on this flight despite us booking a year in advance, prebooking the seats on the first day we could AND arriving 3.5hrs early for the flight! In the end they got us seats in Upper Class so all was forgiven but it does show how flaky the prebooking system can be :/

On the A330, there are less seats available anyway, and no UC at the moment (as I understand it) meaning that all the folks who would've gone for UC have had to do PE instead. So, PE has become a sought after ticket on these flights and hence I suspect why there are so few to prebook :/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 248032
    On the A330, there are less seats available anyway, and no UC at the moment (as I understand it) meaning that all the folks who would've gone for UC have had to do PE instead. So, PE has become a sought after ticket on these flights and hence I suspect why there are so few to prebook :/
    As we have flown UC on our last few trips [thanks to our FC miles ], when sorting out our flight for our June trip I asked the VA rep about this. She told me that in Virgin`s opinion, Manchester/Orlando is classed more of a holiday route than if we were to fly from London, which they feel is more business oriented hence the fact that no UC seats are planned for the new planes flying out of Manchester.
    Fortunately we will still be flying on a 747 in June, but when the new planes come on stream, it may steer us towards flying from London....asssuming we can still come up with some half decent UC/FC deal that is!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't see on line any seats get the travel agent to put notes in the booking that you would like to be seated together they release 40% of the seat two days before departure. This is so if they have someone with medical needs, etc.
    Karen
    Premier Travel
    01634 352143
    info@premiertravelservices.co.uk
    ABTA L5039