Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Point and shoot

Post Thanks / Like
    It's my Dad's 50th whilst I'm away and we're getting him a new camera. I wanted to get him a DSLR but he wants something slightly smaller. What compact cameras are available. Looking for something on the higher end of the scale.

It's been so long since I've looked at point and shoots I know nothing about them! I remember Fujis having the most vivid colours but other than that I have no idea!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Canon do a good point and shoot at the moment but I've always been a fan of the fuji finepix Matthew has one and frankly some of the shots he gets on there are really stunning

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have a look at the canons. They go away quite often and like to take photos at night whilst in restaurants and stuff, so I suppose a good night mode would be important
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    This one has fantastic reviews but the positioning of the pop-out flash makes me dubious! Jessops - Canon Powershot SX210IS Digital Camera in Black

It looks as though your fingers would always be over the flash!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    I have completely fallen in love with the Canon S95. It's a fantastic camera. Look at the reviews and pictures that amazon.com have. I have it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 248180
    I have completely fallen in love with the Canon S95. It's a fantastic camera. Look at the reviews and pictures that amazon.com have. I have it.
    me too

I've got so many cameras (yeah yeah I know) and I've got some stunning small ones like the panasonic lx5, the GF1 & 2 but they were all a little large to take absolutely anywhere.

The S95 is an amazing little beast. Smallest camera I've ever had that's been worth taking somewhere. I dont think photos do it justice, it's so incredibly tiny and yet has most of the features of the larger G10/11 (which I also have sitting in a box not doing anything)

Anyway yep, S95 its killer feature? So small that you'll actually not mind carrying it around and then it'll be there when you need it rather than left behind somewhere.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly Keith! I take mine everywhere and have used several of the modes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you be able share some sample shots, please? Night time shots would be a great help!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    As point and shoots go...

Would only ever recommend

Post Thanks / Like
    shudder - that's not a face I want staring back at me from the screen in the morning
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast