Thread: The dining plan or not :/

Post Thanks / Like
    We're out there for 14 nights and do normally enjoy one main meal at least on disney with perhaps another depending how we feel.

Would there be a saving to be had with the dining plan because Im not sure we'd use the counter service credits at all to be honest

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AKLnut, post: 248428
    We're out there for 14 nights and do normally enjoy one main meal at least on disney with perhaps another depending how we feel.

Would there be a saving to be had with the dining plan because Im not sure we'd use the counter service credits at all to be honest
    If you don't think you would use the counter service credits, then I wouldn't go with the dining plan. You would have to eat some pretty expensive dinner in order to get your money out of it

We get the dining plan and it works for us because we always eat on site, we like trying new places that might be a little more expensive then the places we usually go, and we like having everything paid before we leave. On our last trip I added up what we would have spent vs what we spend for the dining plan and we saved more than $500.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with Shelly - for that duration of a trip, you will DEFINITELY save money on dining. They key, as she points out, is making sure you use your lunch counter service. Every resort has at least one counter service location, if my memory serves me correct. As does Downtown Disney and of course, all the parks.

We rather enjoy the dining plan as it really encourages you to try new places to dine. So many resorts have unique themes or menus making each visit a great opportunity to explore a new menu.

My only advice is to be sure to make an ADR to any park-based restaurant or any of the special themed restaurants/buffets as they tend to book-up fast and early.

Jamie