Thread: Cases & Bags.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to buy my Dad some protection for his new camera. I don't think he's likely to want a big thick case or sleeve, but something like the body armour you can get for SLRs would be good.

The camera is an Canon S95.

Also, on the same subject. What do you all use to carry your SLR and lenses? I have now got quite a large lense so my old case would not be big enough. I want something to waterproof it somewhat as I know summer rainstorms are common in Orlando! as well as somewhere protective to put it when I'm on rides etc. What brands do you all recommend/use?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Lowepro Rezo 50 for my S95.

I don't have anything completely waterproof. I personally enjoy these sling backs.
    The Official Tamrac Homepage - The leading manufacturer and distributor of camera, photography and camcorder bags

Post Thanks / Like
    Canon do a proper little case for the s90/s95 which works well and doesnt add much bulk but the lowepro rezo has a bit more space in case you want to take a cable or a card or two

As for the second, there are soooo many makes and models of case but I've always stuck with lowepro and they've never let me down
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We use the slingshot bags, great bag and easy access for when you need to change lenses :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought my camera bag from Jessops who have a large range on offer Josh. It may pay you to visit one of their stores if you have one nearby.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if lowerpro do a sling type bag? They sound very good. I don't often carry the camera round in the bag, usually just carrying it over my shoulder and then in the bag if I sit down on a ride or for dinner etc.

All this planning is making me excited!

This leads me on to another question... is camera equipment usually more available and/or cheaper in the states? May have to invest in some kit if I'm getting a serious saving...
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 248749
    This leads me on to another question... is camera equipment usually more available and/or cheaper in the states? May have to invest in some kit if I'm getting a serious saving...
    It's dependent really on the manufacturers rrp at any one point + exchange rate.

For the last couple of years I havent found the prices to be that much better than in the UK once sales tax and exchange rate worked out.

That's in normal stores like bestbuy and so on. However, the new york photo stores do have brilliant deals but I've always found it awkward to get stuff sent when Im in the states etc because of billing addresses and so on. If you can work it out though given youre there for a while, you can definitely save :)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on the amount of gear you are bringing. I bring two bags to FL with me. One that holds everything and then a smaller bag (that I pack in my luggage) for the one or two lenses I'm actually taking to the park.

I prefer LowePro bags myself. I brought the Magnum AW on this past trip. Held my main body, a flash and diffuser, 3 lenses, filter wallet, media wallet, charger & cords, batteries for the flash, spare camera battery, small tripod ballhead and wired remote. FOr going to the park, I intended to use my Mini Mag AW but ended-up just carrying the camera on my shoulder.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just have my camera body, 100-300 lens and a 18-55mm lens.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 248749
    I wonder if lowerpro do a sling type bag? They sound very good. I don't often carry the camera round in the bag, usually just carrying it over my shoulder and then in the bag if I sit down on a ride or for dinner etc.

All this planning is making me excited!

I thnk generally the prices in the States are cheaper. We brought a Sony 50m prime lens last time we were there. 139 here, $129 there.