Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If no reservation can we wait for a table?

Post Thanks / Like
    question, if we cant get a reservation for say chef mickeys, is it possible to just sit and wait until a table becomes available?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is possible, but you may have to wait quite a while.

When we were at Whispering Canyon last time, the people in front of us at the entrance were told it would be roughly a 1 hour wait.

You might get lucky and get a table quite quickly though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not all of the restaurants will accept a walk up. For those that do however, just be prepared to wait a bit.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    People in front of us at 1900 Park Fare were turned away as walk ups as the restaurant was fully booked all evening. Best to book if you really want to eat at a particular place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep thanks to those pesky dining plans, the days of walk in dining are sadly now over at the majority of the on site restaurants.

Post Thanks / Like
    I attempted to walk up and wait for Mama's in DHS. They basically laughed at me and stated that they were completely booked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 248816
    I attempted to walk up and wait for Mama's in DHS. They basically laughed at me and stated that they were completely booked.
    Yeah and it makes it far worse when you can see loads of empty tables.
    I am told by the CM fraternity that many folks make ADR`s and then don`t bother to show up and more importantly they don`t cancel their ADR`s.
    Although "on paper" some of the restaurants are "full" with ADR`s there have been occasions when only a handful of folks have turned up at the YSH for example and many of the serving staff had hardly any work to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked being able to walk up. Why should we 'have' to make an ADR?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 248819
    Yeah and it makes it far worse when you can see loads of empty tables.
    I am told by the CM fraternity that many folks make ADR`s and then don`t bother to show up and more importantly they don`t cancel their ADR`s.
    Although "on paper" some of the restaurants are "full" with ADR`s there have been occasions when only a handful of folks have turned up at the YSH for example and many of the serving staff had hardly any work to do.
    And that Terry, is the very reason I think that more of the signature dining places should place a credit card hold. Maybe then a lot of those empty tables wouldn't go empty.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 248907
    And that Terry, is the very reason I think that more of the signature dining places should place a credit card hold. Maybe then a lot of those empty tables wouldn't go empty.

Except I'd extend it to everywhere. You either supply a Disney resort reservation number or a credit card number to guarantee your reservation.

Don't show? $20 charge.

That'll stop a lot of that nonsense! :mad:

Tom (... I wanna go back to walk up too!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast