Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naughty guinea pigs :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Change of plan!! I have decided to go ahead and change the layout of the hutch and make two beds compartments before they go back in, id rather there was two of them seeing as thats where most of the blood was yesterday (cus the huuuge bedroom obviously wasnt quite big enough for two little wiggies ) so this means that they wont be going back in today as dh is at work all day. Neutralising the wigs will now be happening tomorrow instead - thats ok isnt it, to keep them apart that bit longer i mean?

I usually bath mine in the sink! They have a waddle around in the sink, they have "just for boars" guinea pig shampoo on them then go under the mixer tap for a rinse off! Not their heads though - however, tomorrow they will be going in the big bath - im sure theyll be very excited about that! not!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well its begun! I did their hutch yesterday so that should be dry today, dh came home from work and made an extra sleeping compartment, dd and i went to the pet shop and bought seconds of everything so theyve got their own things. This morning they met again in the bath, they huddled together like they should and all seemed ok, now they are downstairs on the old sofa drying off with blankets and towels- they are keeping their distance from each other though and im not sure if this is good or bad?!
    Anyway, fingers crossed - whichever way it goes we are prepared just hope it goes the way i want it too!

Post Thanks / Like
    It didnt work :( Made 2 sleeping comparments, got 2 bowls, 2 plates for veg, 2 hidey holes, 2 chubes - you get the idea!! Yesterday they both had their greaseglands cleaned and were bathed together - went very well. After bathtime they had vicks on their little noses - again went very well. Ive kept my eye on them today and had my suspicions and ive just got Barney out to give him his meds and he's been bitten again Basils behaviour has been such as whatever Barney has or wherever Barney is, Basil wants it as his. So i dont think its going to work in their hutch. Im still going to try them going out in the run together, hopefully that will work?!
    DH has gone out and taken the ladder out of their hutch and blocked up the hole :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Poor babies...having a roommate has become very difficult!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12