Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What things are much cheaper in orlando?

Post Thanks / Like
    thinking about shopping as I always am what things will be cheaper in orlando? electronics like laptops and things? ipads? cameras? clothes and stuff like that?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anything is that much cheaper but depending on the exchange rate things can have a small saving

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, i was quite disappointed after our first trip - i went over there thinking i was going to buy loads because it was all so cheap, but it wasnt!
    I dont do much shopping, i just go to the premium outlets so i can go in the disney shop they have there, thats cheap - theres some proper bargains!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 249738
    I agree, i was quite disappointed after our first trip - i went over there thinking i was going to buy loads because it was all so cheap, but it wasnt!
    I dont do much shopping, i just go to the premium outlets so i can go in the disney shop they have there, thats cheap - theres some proper bargains!
    i agree, we did get the boys timberland boots for a snip though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tooth whitening at the booth in Florida Mall

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't go looking for bargains when we shop in Orlando, we go looking for nice, different things. The day of the cheap trainer has gone because retailers have cottoned on to the Brit tourist looking for a deal. Premium Outlets might be the best bet for a bargain though -Gap and Timberland in particular, and the Disney outlet store.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always found the best deals out of outlets tbh, If you try and go to more local malls they more often than not have good sales

Post Thanks / Like
    Brit's got it right. The malls and other shops (malls are falling out of favor quickly, the local open air shops like Winter Garden Village are the "new" old rage) are more likely to have true bargains than the outlet "malls" that don't really have good prices and often have shoddy merchandise. Disney outlets are one of the few that are ok, and even in there you have to be careful.

Mall at Millenia at Christmas can have some fierce bargains. High-end shops true, but when they slash prices they do a good job!

There are true "bargain" shops like Big Lots... go if you dare.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    ive always found mostly everything is cheaper in orlando. i dont look for cheap stuff i look for quality first off. i like tommy hilfiger, ralph lauren, timberland shops at the malls. addidas for trainers and nike for t shirts
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    My DW assures me that cartridges etc. for her Cricut machine are a lot cheaper over there than here in the UK.
    [This however may be because like our Queen, she doesn`t carry money with her when she travels abroad so I tend to foot the bill. ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast