Thread: Is harry potter world worth the money?

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone been to harry potter world at universal because Im wondering if its worth all the money really.

I would like to experience it but I dont think I'd wait to do the rides so how much is there really

Post Thanks / Like
    It's no extra money it's part of the ticket price already and yes, it is worth it (imho) it's very clever and the themeing is great

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely want to see the Harry world. If I had been younger when the books had first come out, I would have been a Harry Potter freak! But since I was an adult I have kept the freak part down to a minimum.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go you need to understand that the place is small!! It can be a bit crowded in busy times which makes the wait time long. Go first thing in the morning or late in the afternoon if you are going at peak crowd times. No matter when you go though it is quite busy so be ready to wait a bit. (I work at both Disney and Universal)

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not a HP fan but did enjoy the experience. We booked a night at the RPR and were able to get in earlier. I thought that alone was worth the money, not to get caught up in the crowds that descend on the parks at normal opening time.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to make sure you know, its at Islands of Adventure not Universal - just wanted to point it out so you dont go to Universal expecting to see it there!
    Its not that big really, its great to see (and slightly odd too with the snow when its so sunny and warm around you!)
    Im not a big HP fan so if i wasnt planning on going to IoA anyway then i doubt id make a special effort to go there

Post Thanks / Like
    it wasnt open when we went last year so i cant wait to go and see it next year its on the top of my list! i love HP although i definately like the books better

Post Thanks / Like
    I know there was another Harry Potter-related thread a while back and I posted a few pictures from our recent visit to that park.

If you are interested, click this link: Universal Studios and Islands of Adventures. Then, click the right and left arrows to browse the rest of the images from the 2 Universal parks.

The Hogwarts building really does tower over that area, just like Cinderella's Castle at WDW.

Jamie

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not a seperate park, and it is not a big place.
    They dont have much room to expand Universal or IOA so they re-imagined area's they already had built.

They could have done so much more. Maybe somehow they can expand later.