just to add to what others have said and in answer to one query.

yes you can use the old style pink & green paper license keith as long as you have some form of photo ID which you have with your passport

id also get the platinum option, you get a full tank when you pick up your car and drop it off with a full tank, its way harder to drop it off with an empty tank with the other option