Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is it about orlando and disney that keeps you going back?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 250854
    It's so nice to fully escape reality...when I'm at disney I don't think about paying bills, taking out garbage, doing dishes, work, or any other day to day task. It's all about enjoyment.
    That's the best answer - true and total escapism from the daily routine.

For us living in a sometimes-harsh winter climate, it's also a break from the long, cold winters we have here in Minnesota.

I could never go to Florida/Disney from May to December. Why? WE have great summer weather here. We put up with 4-5 months of winter to have 5-6 months of summer and fall! I would never trade our low humidity 80-90 degree summer weather for Florida's higher temps and high humidity!

For us, it's the winter escape. One week of wearing shorts and a t-shirt in the middle of winter season is a great escape from reality and gives you hope that winter will soon be over!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the way Disney CM's treat you, it is out of this world IMO. I love how the Disney buses are adapted for ECV's and wheelchairs. And we love the smell of Disney, it has it's own unique scent :D

Post Thanks / Like
    EVERYTHING :)

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 250928
    EVERYTHING :)
    I agree

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, I think the people make it Everyone is always in such a good mood there and the cast members/staff in other parks/shopping malls all deliver the best service anywhere! I think it should be compulsory for all customer assistant workers to go for training there
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the escapism sentiment.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Since we always drive down to Disney World, when I arrive, I park the car at the hotel, put the sun visor in the window, take my brain out and set it on the front seat. Then lock the car doors and I don't see either of them for the next week.

A perfect vacation.

Tom (... brainless.)

Post Thanks / Like
    It's like putting on a comfortable pair of slippers, our second home where we get too spend time with family and just relax.

We don't go mainly for WDW, we seem to go less and less every year, but there are so many other things to see and do. Places we didn't even know existed. I wouldn't change a single thing.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12