Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 has become 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we had our villa reserved for August 2012 and were all ready to start planning and then...

Big Steve needs a new van for work.

My hours at school have been cut drastically from September thanks to budget cuts - ta Mr Camoron. :(

We potentially will be spending big money on Olympic things.

Firstly we thought about Easter 2013 -but 3 children at 3 different schools makes holiday dates difficult to coordinate.

Take kids out of school? Not an option - Ellie will be doing GCSEs and Steven will be coming up to KS2 SATs again. And I work in a school so no chance.

So we come to August 2013. And the villa is already booked for those dates!!!!

So I'm on the lookout now for a 5 bed villa with 3 double rooms and 2 twin rooms.

Post Thanks / Like
    It always stinks when life gets in the way of a good vacation

We were moving our dates around for about 4 years, so I totally know how that feels. Good luck with the Villa.

I cringe at the thought of August, but I know that as our kids get older we will be looking at doing the same thing

Post Thanks / Like
    It'll soon come round Dawn - our trips are always a little over 2 years apart, and we dont know when we will be able to go back, so you are 1 step ahead of us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Life stinks sometimes! I didn't realise that you had 3 children . Are the other 2 older or younger?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh lordy no I only have the one.

The other two are my niece and nephew who are coming with us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 250096

I cringe at the thought of August, but I know that as our kids get older we will be looking at doing the same thing
    August was a lot easier than we thought it would be.

We started doing what everyone says to do and get to the park for opening and getting as much done early but we eventually found that getting to the parks around lunchtime worked really well for us. It let Steven have a play in the pool and we got laundry and bits done and we'd get to a park, have lunch then enjoy the dwindling crowds as the evening drew in. The only park we had problems with was Animal Kingdom because it was just so hot.

We're quite happy to go back in August. When I finally finish my book it will all become clear. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 250102
    August was a lot easier than we thought it would be.

We started doing what everyone says to do and get to the park for opening and getting as much done early but we eventually found that getting to the parks around lunchtime worked really well for us. It let Steven have a play in the pool and we got laundry and bits done and we'd get to a park, have lunch then enjoy the dwindling crowds as the evening drew in. The only park we had problems with was Animal Kingdom because it was just so hot.

We're quite happy to go back in August. When I finally finish my book it will all become clear. :D
    Well that is good to know. Honestly it would be the heat that would do my family in. The hotter it is the more angry some in the family become

But finishing the book would surely help me out!! Maybe by the end of the day? :D

Post Thanks / Like
    August isn't that bad. It's hot but quite frankly it can be that hot in Sept and Oct too. In mid to late Aug it isn't that crowded. I can deal with heat if I don't have to wait in long lines

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 250103

But finishing the book would surely help me out!! Maybe by the end of the day? :D
    I'm doing it right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 250107
    I'm doing it right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast