Thread: Mainly for Chris but you can all look too

Post Thanks / Like
    Spent a lot of time over the past couple of weeks at the local RSPB reserve at Pulborough. So much so that I don't even need to show my membership card at the desk now.

Anyway here's a few badly taken photos of what you can see here.

This is the view out from the Visitor's Centre

Chaffinch - there's about 9 bazillion of them here.

I don't care that the picture is rubbish - this is a Nightingale and to see one out in the open like this is rare and a privilege.

Butterflies are everywhere here too.

This is the view out from one of the hides.

The local deer herd - fallow and muntjacs

The boy loves it here too

A wren. A long way away.

I think this is either a Wheatear or a Lesser Whitethroat

The pond outside the Visitor's Centre. They have Great Crested Newts in there.

This could be a Chiff Chaff. Or any number of brown birds...

This is a squirrel

Over the past two weeks there I have seen Blue Tits, Great Tits, Chaffinchs, Chiff Chaff, Cetti's Warbler, Lapwings, Shelduck, various geese and other water birds, Nightingales seen and heard, Robins, Wrens, Blackcaps, Whitethroats, Adders (that's a snake :D ), Goldfinches, Nuthatch, Green Woodpecker, and this morning I heard my first ever Cuckoo!

There's also a herd of Heelan' Coos there that they use to manage the land. :D

It's my best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderful photos! Really like the one with butterfly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn
    Over the past two weeks there I have seen Blue Tits, Great Tits, Chaffinchs, Chiff Chaff, Cetti's Warbler, Lapwings, Shelduck, various geese and other water birds, Nightingales seen and heard, Robins, Wrens, Blackcaps, Whitethroats, Adders (that's a snake :D ), Goldfinches, Nuthatch, Green Woodpecker, and this morning I heard my first ever Cuckoo!
    You really know your birds Dawn. I can point out things like Cardinals, Blue jays and Robins and maybe red wing blackbirds. Oh and Crows, but that is about it for my bird knowledge. Well, not quite true I can also recognize a few others.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant mate we must must must go there it does look lovely especially in the glorious sunshine - enjoyed Springwatch Easter special last night very much indeed :D

Now is the time to go with everything a flittering and a fluttering and feeding their young,or at least sitting on eggs

Love it we should do a mini meet

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanna' see the Heelan Coos!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle