Thread: Hi- new & need templates for itineraries please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there
    Brand new here, and Im starting to pull together info for our trip. Does anyone have any really great ways to break the news to the kids that we'll be going on this magical trip? Also, Im reading guidebooks & would really like to pull together the info/itineraries/hints & tips/best dining places/must dos etc in to one place; does anyone have a template that they'd be happy to share? Want to include height restrictions/tips etc for each ride - fastpass etc, what's really good, less good, give it a miss type info too.

Someone somewhere, who's very sorted & enjoys doing these things must have something...unlike me, who's feeling completely overwhelmed - AGGGHH!
    Thanks so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to Secrets

When are you going and where are you staying and how many in your party?

Enjoy the planning - don't stress, try to make it fun :-)

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ceej, post: 250679
    really great ways to break the news to the kids that we'll be going on this magical trip?
    Hi ceej!

And to Secrets!

Don't know where you live or how long until your trip but if you're in the US or Canada, you could get the Walt Disney World Vacation Planning DVD, stick it in the DVD player, tell the kids you're going to watch a movie, then hit "play".

If you're in the UK, maybe something like this from Youtube might do:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yNnB2E-dvUM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did that help?

Tom (... self appointed Assistant Cruise Director. )

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there,

We managed to keep our first family trip to Disney secret from the children until 10 days before. I then made a sparkly countdown board for them and wrapped it up. Put on a Disney promo DVD with the rides and our hotel (All Stars Movies) on and then they went crazy.
    Hope you have a great trip, my children were 5 & 4 when we first went and it was a great age, but any age is good as every time it's different.
    Montymouse

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that- a couple of people have suggested a dvdn so think Ill investigate that as part of the revelation plan!

Not having much luck with suggestions of where to find templates to create itineraries tho- any ideas? I'd llike to create some personalised days which include things that would appeal, be height + age appropriat, rides good to escape the heat that sort of thing. I'm sure someone must have done something similar- do you thin I need to post this somewhere ele?

Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing I've really ever done was create a dining planer for one of our trips. Here's a picture of it.

The original was a spreadsheet but I don't know where it's gotten off to.

Maybe you could use it as a starting point and create your own in Excel.

Or something.

Tom (... hope it helps.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 250913
    Only thing I've really ever done was create a dining planer for one of our trips. Here's a picture of it.
    That brought back some happy memories Tom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 250979
    That brought back some happy memories Tom.
    Indeed it does Terry. Indeed it does!

Perhaps we should do something similar soon.

Tom (... about 48 days?)

Post Thanks / Like
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p>We use to send the kids a postcard from Mickey. I'd send a completed postcard with the message below with that font including postage to Guest letters in Florida asking them to drop it in the mail.</o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Hi There!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    I'm looking forward to your visit to Walt Disney World in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Florida</st1:place></st1:State>. Itís going to be so much fun. I canít wait to meet you. I'll see ya real soon.

Your Pal,<o:p></o:p>
    Mickey Mouse<o:p></o:p>

<o:p>Be careful of guide books as they are written almost a year before. Here is a link to our site which has basic planning information.http://mickeystravel.com/Intinerary%20Planning.htm</o:p>
    vincent@mickeystravel.com
    http://www.mickeystravel.com
    For A Walt Disney World Quote Click Here

Have a magical day!

My Trips: 91 GF- 92 CB,DL, POL- 93 CT,DL,CB- 94 WL,CB,BC- 95ASSP,WL,POL,CB- 96 DL,YC,ASM,BV,ASSP- 97 POL,CS, WL,DL,POF-98 WL,CB,ASM,DCL- 99 CS,BI,ASMV,POF- 00 GF,DCL,ASM,CS- 01 POL,CB,ASSP,AKL,ASMV, WLV- 02 YC,ASMV,BCV,AKL- 03 WL,CB,GF, POP- 04 CS,BC, POP,CT,SS- 05 ASSP,POR,WL,CB- 06 POL,POP,AKV, ASMV- 07 GF,WL,CB,DCL- 08 ASM,YC- 09 CS,WL- 10 CT,AKL- 11 WL

Post Thanks / Like
    I found one on Microsoft.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...030002838.aspx

Now, it will only open using certain programs, but I was able to play around and get it to open a little. IF you can get that to work, all you need to do is highlight the sheet by clicking on the top left square (beside the A and over the 1) right click and "copy" then paste it to whatever version of Excel you have. You can edit this and make it user friendly for you. I changed the dates of course and took out a few things, but most of this was what I needed. You can insert lines at the bottom of each day to include a notes section for Fast Pass ride information and really anything you and your family might want or need.

Also in the downloads section on mouseforless.com you can find an "adult travel journal" http://www.themouseforless.com/downl...tjournal.shtml
    You can download the sheets and print them to fill in your information. There is a kids version too to keep them busy on the way there. :) Good luck and have fun.
    Previous Trips:
    DisneyLand: 1980, 1982, 2001
    WDW: 2011
    DCL (Disney Dream): 2012