Thread: Help with I-Pad touch

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought IPod - Touch 8 GB for my son. It's his 14th. birthday on Thursday. It has Facetime and Wi-Fi capabilities and Lord knows what else!! Help please, what is Facetime and what do you need to make it work!Also how do you start up wi-FI?

Post Thanks / Like
    YOu need 2 aple devices to do facetime that have a camera - there is an app to install on your imac or macbook now from the store.

Facetime is face to face video chatting done over a wifi connection and in order for him to use it he needs an email account so he can be 'found' and 'rung' - I think he can find you via your iphone number if you have one

Post Thanks / Like
    wi-fi you should be able to setup easy enough - settings icon - wifi - turnit on and select your hom ewifi network then type in your security key - either a password or the long number on the bottom of the router

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a complete and utter moron when it comes to this stuff, is the wep key the same as a router number? We have Fios but have had nothing but trouble withe the computer since we've moved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 251024
    is the wep key the same as a router number?
    The WEP key is the "security password" for your home router. Assuming you haven't changed it, it should look something like this:
    1A648C9FE2
    - or -
    99D767BAC38EA23B0C0176D15

You'd need to enter this key in the connection information on your iPod touch when you first setup access to your network. You should only have to enter it the one time.

Don't know what the "router number" is. Is that on the bottom of your router? You should be able to safely ignore that one. The WEP key is what's important if yours is a "vanilla" setup.

Tom (... lemme know if this doesn't work)

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently Ty has 32 GB instead of 8! We just tried to change his I-Tunes account. Lord have mercy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 251252
    Apparently Ty has 32 GB instead of 8! We just tried to change his I-Tunes account. Lord have mercy!
    is the wifi working yet?