Thread: Silly Insurance claims

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a car accident back in January, a van went though a red light and I drove into the side of him. Well we had no witnesses and my insurance company said we would have to go 50/50 on the claim.
    Well that was near a month ago, now out of the blue the other drive has got a witness, (I smell a rat)
    Well I have a copy of his statement and all the way thought the statement to said he could clearly see my car and there were no obstructions,he said he saw the accident happen. I had a very large white transit van next to at the time of the accident so he must have xray vision. He also said he saw my whole bumper come of my car, my bumper didn't come of my car, and the funniest thing is he said the driver was male.
    Well I have written a letter in reply pointing out all the faults with his statement. Let see what happens now.

Post Thanks / Like
    all too familiar listening to other peoples stories as well. Hope is all gets sorted for you

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have thought that the police investigating the accident could have determined if the other driver ran the red light or not. And if you had a van beside you how did the driver of it not see the accident?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Police don't get involved here unless it is really bad, the van driver drove of before I could get any details.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 251293
    Police don't get involved here unless it is really bad, the van driver drove of before I could get any details.
    And that would be considered a "Hit and Run" here. Police would most definitely be involved. Sorry this happened to you.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 251326
    And that would be considered a "Hit and Run" here. Police would most definitely be involved. Sorry this happened to you.

I think she means there were two vans, one she hit and another that just drove off.

Post Thanks / Like
    It makes me so angry when people lie and make out they weren't at fault

Hope you get it sorted lozzy, though I expect it will take a very long time